Min IV Programming Issue

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

young_skywalker
New User

Min IV Programming Issue

Post by young_skywalker »

Hey,
I have all the proper programming software and cradle for my Min IV SV single channel. I hook it all up and read the codeplug but when I try to write the information it says, "Serial Communication- Data Transmission Error!"

I checked my Com ports and updated drivers....I checked the settings in the software for the COM port and set my port at the baud rate it needed....what now?

B
young_skywalker
New User

Re: Min IV Programming Issue

Post by young_skywalker »

Thanks everyone, I figured it out!!!
buskie206
New User

Post by buskie206 »

Im having the same issue with my 3/4 software. Can you tell me how you fixed it? Its driving me insane!
ccass09
New User

Post by ccass09 »

I'm also having the same issue. It's done it for years now I haven't been able to correct it.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The basic idea of this board is to exchange ideas and help others to solve problems,
so when you solve a problem please let everyone else know how you did it. You never
know how many people you'll be helping when you do this.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
sourapple613

Post by sourapple613 »

I had that same problem. My issue was caused by the pager not getting enough contact with the pins. To solve I would press down on the pager while reading and/or programming while it was in the cradle. Try that and maybe that might fix your problem.
ccass09
New User

Post by ccass09 »

Thanks for the response. The error message would only pop up only after I would write the pager. The weird thing is that is would send and write the codeplug even though it said there was a communication error. If I re-read the pager after the write, the programming is changed. Thats why I've been dealing with it for +years now because it is able to write the pagers.

Cass

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”