Pocsag pager with on/off duty?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ffhoov

Pocsag pager with on/off duty?

Post by ffhoov »

I have an application where I need to find a pager that will allow me to turn on and off individual capcodes from the pager. The user is a combination fire/ambulance department. They want the ambulance capcode to be able to turned off when the firefighter/EMT is not on the ambulance shift but still go off for fire calls. Basically I'm looking for an alpha 4 line pager that will do something like the ON/OFF DUTY function does on the Minitor V pagers. They are currently using Advisor II pagers, I don't think those pagers will do that. I have searched the internet and found several pagers, it's hard to tell based on the limited info on the web pages if it will do that or not.

I'm hoping one of you out there know of a pager that will work for me.

Eric
n3eg
What radios do you own?: HT1550 v/u, XTS2500-3 FPP, etc

Re: Pocsag pager with on/off duty?

Post by n3eg »

I'm also looking for the same thing for a county-wide system.
Zack08

Post by Zack08 »

Unfortunately, I don't know of any Moto pagers that will do that.

To tell you the truth, the people around here in that situation are given a seperate EMS pager to carry when they are running with one of the ambulances. That may be your only option.

Good luck!
Asst17-1

Post by Asst17-1 »

The SwissPhone DE925 has multiple profiles that you can configure for alerting on only certain capcodes.
jotzek
New User
What radios do you own?: MTP850, MTM800E, GP380 / GP388

Post by jotzek »

Hello Folks,

in Europe you'll be able to buy the "Oelmann LX4 Synthesizer", the Company Oelmann Elektronik GmbH is a OEM Manufacturer from Germany which manufactured the Series LX2 LX4 and so on under the License of Motorola (Oelmann did the engineering and development of these Types of Pagers, Motorola did the Labelling) You'll be able to change up to 16(!!!) User Profiles, each Profile can have its own "Home-Frequency" and so on. In my Case, i'm using my first Profile for my Red-Cross Unit, and the second Profile for my Firefighter-volunteerness in another region with another Frequency. For further Informations look up http://www.oelmann-elektronik.de/news.php or contact me

Greetings from Germany

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”