unication alpha elite

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gopher

unication alpha elite

Post by gopher »

Is the unication alpha elite really a motorola pager? It looks just like one. If not, is there a Motorola pager that is equivlant ?

EDIT
dumb question. Sorry. I guess the Motorola alpha elite is the same thing. Anyway, Do i really need the cradle to program? or does anyone know of schematic i could make a cable? Does the pager have to be disassembled to be programmed? I don't see and contacts on the outside?
Victor Xray

Re: unication alpha elite

Post by Victor Xray »

Unication Alpha Elite is very very similar to the Motorola Advisor Elite; however it has a different LCD (green backlight) and and uses its own software.

Yes, you still need the UPI and cradle to program it. The programing contacts are internal, not external. The cradle has two long pins that insert into the two holes right next to the battery latch.

Link to UPI schematic and parts:
http://batlabs.com/pagerrib.html

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”