Minitor V Squelch Level

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Gigs

Minitor V Squelch Level

Post by Gigs »

In the programming of the Minitor V, it shows a Squelch Level Bar from 1 to 5, with 3 being default. Can someone tell me which way I need to move it (towards 1 or 5) to "make it pick up weaker signals". At my work, it barely opens up and thinking that if I tweak the squelch to allow it to pick up better, that may work. THANKS
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Minitor V Squelch Level

Post by Mfire39 »

Try 1 or 2 and see what happens... The higher the number, the tighter the squelch will be.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

Post by northstarfire0693 »

Mfire39 wrote:Try 1 or 2 and see what happens... The higher the number, the tighter the squelch will be.

-Marc
Ok I know this is old. So if I am reading this right 1 is loose and 5 is tight ? I have also seen it go the other way around 5 lose and 1 tight.

So what is the real deal with the setting or does it depend on what cps ver your using ?
northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

Post by northstarfire0693 »

Bump,bump

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”