priority scan Minitor V

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dpel55
New User

priority scan Minitor V

Post by dpel55 »

I am programing new minitor 5 pagers with priorty scan F-1. pagers will not activate on the F-2 frequency when tone are sent out.
F-1 is our main dispatch channel, while F-2 serves as a backup dispatch channel. Our priority channel is F-1. Am I missing something or will it not activate on F-2 using priority scan?
res6cue

Re: priority scan Minitor V

Post by res6cue »

Alert on F2 is disabled in Priority Scan mode, the pager will only alert on F1. Ideally, you'd need to set the pager to Silent Scan mode in order for it to alert on either frequency with maximum reliability.

What Silent Scan does is puts the pager into "quiet mode" until a proper set of tones is received on either F1 or F2, at which point it will alert as normal. The pager will ignore all other traffic on either channel until it "hears" a set of tones, which it will compare against the ones you have programmed. If the tones don't match, it goes back to listening for a valid set of tones on either frequency. The downside to this mode is that you can't monitor the channels for other transmissions.

I believe the pager will also alert for either channel in Probability Scan mode, however since there is no priority channel in this mode, it could lock up on one channel and you might miss an alert on the other channel. The upside is that you can monitor normal transmissions in this mode.
chrismoll
New User

Re: priority scan Minitor V

Post by chrismoll »

yeh, probability scan will allow you to hear any transmissions on either channels (the yellow light will light up for that)
and it will alert on either F1 or F2
its almost the same thing as priority except with priority scan, ONLY F1 will alert

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”