MinV probibility scan vs Priority scan, experiences?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

MinV probibility scan vs Priority scan, experiences?

Post by Pj »

Anyone have experiences of using one mode over another?

A local chief hates the audio holes (believed to be set at the defualt .51 sec). Lowband pager, not the greatest system coverage in the area.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
tvsjr

Re: MinV probibility scan vs Priority scan, experiences?

Post by tvsjr »

They work as they're described... priority will check... probability is non-priority. No audio holes, but no priority either. If you're not monitoring, you use Silent Scan instead.

Let me guess - he wants the pager to read his mind, prioritize on whatever channel he perceives to be most important at any given second, and have no audio holes, right?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Pretty much. I'll find out tomorrow how bad it actually is.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
chrismoll
New User

Post by chrismoll »

probability scan seems pretty cool. you can listen to either F1 and F2 pages transmission and on alert on F1 and F2. except that it doesnt check F1 while an F2 transmission is going. I would use Priority if your on duty

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”