Minitor V Programming info.

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firefightergurney
New User

Minitor V Programming info.

Post by firefightergurney »

I am trying to set up our software to program our own pagers and need some info on the programming software. Is there a book or a PDF file out there to assit me in programming these? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Al

Re: Minitor V Programming info.

Post by Al »

Motorola publication 6880309R95-O is the Min V pager programming guide. If you haven't subscribed for the software, you can order the guide from M . In addition, if you don't already have the programming hardware, you'll need a programming interface kit, also available from M, and a PC with a DB9 or DB25 serial or a USB port available.
RLN5831A=Programmer nest, software, and manual
RLN5709A=Programmer nest only
RVN4240A=Software CD w/programming manual
NLN3548B=Programming Interface(110V)
chrismoll
New User

Post by chrismoll »

I have a Minitor V Programming PDF file if your interested send me a PM
firefightergurney
New User

Post by firefightergurney »

PM? I am new to this web site and need all the help I can get. My E-Mail is:

cgurney@arcatafire.org
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Check your private messages. We use the abbreviation PM on this Board for that
function.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
chrismoll
New User

Post by chrismoll »

To all those interested in the programming guide

Just download and install the Minitor V PPS and go to the folder on your start menu --> All Programs --> Minitor V PPS ---> Programming Guide
yes, the programming guide comes with the software that you can download free from motorola
smk8er
What radios do you own?: cdm1550ls, maratrac, Pro9150,

Post by smk8er »

Can some one pm me the link for the download thanks!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Have you even tried Googling it? It took me one search to find a direct link.
smk8er
What radios do you own?: cdm1550ls, maratrac, Pro9150,

Post by smk8er »

Yes i did tried googling it and no i came up with nothing except to purchase cables and programing cradles. Trust me i wouldn't have asked if i didnt go looking first.
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

This will take you to where you can download 1.4. There is a newer version (1.7?), but I don't know where you can DL that one

http://www.motorola.com/governmentanden ... ad/id_823i

RG
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
FFMikeM
New User

Post by FFMikeM »

I've viewed the Programming Guide, but need some guidance...

What are the differences between Probability Scan, Priority Scan, and Silent Scan?

Thanks!
Mike
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Probability Scan - The pager will scan between F1 and F2 stopping whenever a transmission is detected on either channel. The pager will lock onto the channel and will not release that channel until the transmission ends. The pager will alert in both F1 and F2 channels when in the non priority scan position.

Priority Scan - This function will scan for this first active channel, but when F2 is the active channel, will scan back at periodic intervals looking for activity on the priority channel F1. Should F1 become active, the pager will switch to F1 until activity ceases.

Silent Scan - Scans between F1 and F2 but does not open the audio unless you receive an alert.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
FFMikeM
New User

Post by FFMikeM »

Are Probability and Priority Scan in Monitor Mode then, while Silent Scan is Selective Call?
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

FFMikeM wrote:Are Probability and Priority Scan in Monitor Mode then, while Silent Scan is Selective Call?

Correct.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
FFMikeM
New User

Post by FFMikeM »

Marc,

So I want to setup a scan for 2 different sets of tones, we'll call them tone set A and tone set B. On my Minitor V I want SelCal for both. I want it to scan, but i can't miss tone set A. Whats my best option?

Mike
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

You don't need to set up a scan to be active for more than one set of tones on the same channel. Minitor Vs will decode up to 8 unique cap codes and 4 group calls per channel. In the coding option select R168(none) and that will give the option of multiple cap codes.
FFMikeM
New User

Post by FFMikeM »

My bad,,, they are on 2 different frequencies
ai4ui wrote:You don't need to set up a scan to be active for more than one set of tones on the same channel. Minitor Vs will decode up to 8 unique cap codes and 4 group calls per channel. In the coding option select R168(none) and that will give the option of multiple cap codes.
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

There is no sure fire way to do this. My understanding of how the silent scan works is that if the channel is active with a tone that is a match for the first tone of the cap code the pager will stop on that channel to listen for the second tone. If there is just a carrier or some other tone the scan will slow but it won't stop.

Even still, you're gonna miss a page. The only way to be close to 100% is to carry two pagers.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

We are paged out on two different, fairly active channels, and use Minitor Vs. I'm not aware of anyone ever missing a page because the other channel was talking, nor have I experienced it. I've got 35 pagers set up this way. I've even tried using two service monitors with a constant carrier on one (even a tone) and proper toneset on the other, and the pager alerts as it should.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”