Minitor ii jumpers

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pigpen484
New User

Minitor ii jumpers

Post by pigpen484 »

I am trying to get my Minitor ii SV to record one message for 32 seconds instead of 2 for 16 seconds. I cant figure it out for nothing :x ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.
pigpen484
New User

Re: Minitor ii jumpers

Post by pigpen484 »

i seen this pic but i cant seem to figure out where those points are
Wes

Post by Wes »

Jumpers for setting the stored voice time are located on the voice storage module which is a removable board located near the center of the decoder board kinda under the speaker, you have to remove the speaker to see it and I cant remember if you have to remove the RF board to get it out or not.......

Pull the SV module out and locate the jumpers on it.

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
res6cue

Post by res6cue »

The SV module is located on the decoder board underneath the speaker and RF board, and the jumpers are on the bottom side of the SV module. Take the speaker off its mount and put it off to the side. Remove the RF board. Gently pull the SV module straight up and off the decoder board, taking care not to bend the pins as you remove it. Flip it over and find the jumpers as shown in the attached photo. You need to put a small bit of solder between the two points inside the red rectangle in the photo. (You don't need to remove the top assembly, I just happened to already have these photos showing it off)

pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

Thank you so much for such detailed responses however now that i got that fixed i noticed that the pager is recording only the end of my tones. once the dispatcher releases the mic it stops recording any help on this? thanks again for all your help so far all of you
res6cue

Post by res6cue »

Was the pager doing that with the 2x16 messages, or are you not sure? Changing the jumper on the SV module would not affect something like that, unless you were sloppy with the soldering and got some on the legs of the IC next to the message length jumper (not saying you did, just that it's possible). This almost sounds more like an Auto-Reset issue than anything else. Check to see if jumper 3C6 is enabled. That'll be on the top-back of the decoder board, between the volume knob and tone filters, and it will be labeled. If it is enabled, remove the solder and the pager should function correctly.

Also, make certain you actually do have a Minitor II SV and not a Director II SV. Take a look at the model # sticker on the back of the decoder board. If it says NRN7795A then you have a Minitor II SV. If it says NRN6702A then you have a Director II SV.
pigpen484
New User

Post by pigpen484 »

i removed the solder from the 3c6 jumper and now the pager alerted and stored the end of the tones (just like before) but as soon as the mic was dropped the pager stopped recieveing like it was on the closed setting but it was on the open (monitor) setting???? i had to shut the pager off and turn it back on then it started recieving again ???????? jumper 3b2 is enabled not sure what that is or if it has anything to do with this problem or not??? any more advice?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”