Minitor V - Alert F1- Monitor F2

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lon
New User

Minitor V - Alert F1- Monitor F2

Post by Lon »

We set tone off on a County Freq, then use another freq for inter-department talking.

County Freq is setup on Channel F1 - Tone Work and we can hear dispatcher
Local Freq is setup on Channel F2 - used for monitoring local talk only.
Priority Scan F1 works well adn we can hear both Freqs and it will alert us when a dispatch is made

PROBLEM: We would like to monitor the Local Freq (Channel F2) and not have to listen to County (Channel F1) unless we have our tones dropped.
I thought I could do this with 'Monitor F2' under Function switches, but it did not set the tones off on the pager.

Minotor V Pager with latest Firmware and Programming Software.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Lon
tvsjr

Re: Minitor V - Alert F1- Monitor F2

Post by tvsjr »

So you want to scan the two channels, tone-only on F1, and monitor on F2? Sorry, not going to happen. You could do priority scan with F1 as priority... you should catch the tones, but you'll hear all traffic on F1. There are no config options that allow silent on one channel simultaneous with open monitor on the second.
Lon
New User

Post by Lon »

I thought as much, thanks. I just don't need to listen to the County Freq, but I do like to listen to our Local Fire Freq. I wish we could just send tones out on our Local Fire Freq. It's not really going to matter soon, our Local Fire Freq will be changing to 800Mhz Digital and I won't be able to monitor it.
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

Closest to what you would like to do is Probability Scan, where first in is selected. This can cause you to miss calls if there is local traffic during a page, otherwise you defeat your purpose of the pager and need a second receiver to do exactly what you would like.

Hope this helps

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”