Miniotr V - Reset Button Problem?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Scott.Milligan
New User

Miniotr V - Reset Button Problem?

Post by Scott.Milligan »

I programmed up a few Minitor V pagers this evening with a new frequency and QCII codes. For some reason, one the pagers is no longer working correctly.

The programming took fine, I have read the pager since programming and all is OK there.

For some reason, the pager now acts like the reset button is staying pressed at all times. If turn the pager on in:

A position - you get the single beep, and the red led
B position - your get the 1 second beep, red and amber leds flashing
C position - goes into programming mode
D position - tone and then goes to open squelch

I believe these are the normal test modes that occur if the reset button is held when the pager is turned on. I have opened the pager, the reset button appears to be working normally. (I did not ohm out the swicth, will try that next)

Was hoping this was a correctable error or something I did wrong with programming. Looking for any suggestions.

Also curious if there is any notes or docs on features not identiifed in the software kit. I saw a post where one person said cloud the work window and press "s" to adjust the pager sensitivity. Was curious if this was true and if someone had a list.

Thanks, Scott
Motorola PM, 10 years
Thanks, Scott

Scott Milligan
10 year Motorola PM
30 year Firefighter
25 year Police Officer
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Miniotr V - Reset Button Problem?

Post by ai4ui »

I've had to depot several of our pagers because the reset button gets stuck. Usually what happens is the rubber cover decays and then some trash gets into the switch.

As far as special features. With ver 1.4 & firmware 3.0, if you put the cursor into the middle of the screen and press the s key; a menu will come up to select sensitivity. Level 1 really helps with falsing - we haven't had any more problems with the pagers we use for station paging since setting ours this way.

I don't know of any other mods.

RG
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
Scott.Milligan
New User

Re: Minitor V - Reset Button Problem?

Post by Scott.Milligan »

I have done some additional research that also included replacing the reset button, and still have the same problem.

(Note, the reset button is the same as the one used on the Minitor IV, which is available in parts.)

It appears that something happened during the pager programming that caused this issue.

Is there any way to complete a factory reset to the pager?

Thanks again for your assistance, Scott
Thanks, Scott

Scott Milligan
10 year Motorola PM
30 year Firefighter
25 year Police Officer
kyparamedic
New User

Post by kyparamedic »

Scott.Milligan wrote:I have done some additional research that also included replacing the reset button, and still have the same problem.

(Note, the reset button is the same as the one used on the Minitor IV, which is available in parts.)

Thanks again for your assistance, Scott
Is there anyplace online where I can get a replacement reset button cover? Mine has cracked. Is it even something I can replace myself? I looked and couldn't find any for the Minitor IV or V.

Thanks.
MOTO_LR

Post by MOTO_LR »

The Minitor V reset button is made into the center housing section. It is not replaceable.
Motorola does not sell housing parts (other than the battery lock and belt clip) for the Minitor V.
You can use Minitor IV knobs on the Minitor V.
To get a new rubber reset button you have to return the Minitor V to the Motorola Service Depot.
If your Minitor V is in warranty or has extended warranty, the repair is free. Otherwise, it would be
the flat rate repair fee.

Should you need them, I do have front housing assemblies with the speaker and vibe motor for the Minitor V.

To replace the reset button on a Minitor IV, you would need to replace the front housing assembly.
That part is readily available.

Bob

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”