Minitor V Engineering mode

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fdmagic
New User

Re: Minitor V Engineering mode

Post by fdmagic »

I have a VHF minitor V and have the "Engineering" PPS what I want to do is program a frequency that is about 1mhz down from the lower band limit and F2 program within the band limit. I changed the lower band limit in the software (Hex Edit) but when I try to enter the freq I get a popup window that says "Please enter a number between xxx.x and xxx.xxxx. I tried using ResHaker to find the menu but it does not show as a popup and I couldn't find the limits numbers in the Hex Edit. Any thoughts?
northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

Post by northstarfire0693 »

montyny wrote:Great article.

I know that there is a lot of caution about the advanced settings but ....

My pager squelch is really 'tight' - ie it cuts out too early so it misses a lot of transmissions.

I've tried getting the latest firmware (its currently 2 something) - but haven't found that yet.

On the advanced section, there is an area for squelch settings. Anyone have any idea on what the meaning of these sections are?

My settings are currently:
SQ_V10_LVL 29
SQ_V4_LVL 54
SQ_ON 1
SQ_OFF 5

I have the same problem with my pager. In Monitor-1 it wont pick up anything unless it tones out. I dont get it.
Thanks - Bryan
channal1
New User

Post by channal1 »

There is a "CODE" drop-down menu in Engineering Mode. Can this be accessed to change to DTMF, 5/6-tone, or other format of tone signalling?
Dirtmod3
New User

Post by Dirtmod3 »

I am new and I hope this is in the right place. I am trying to change my PPS V exe. file and I keep getting a compiling error. My changes match the others exactly, but I keep getting an error. I am using 1.7.2 and I read a post where it worked fine for others using 1.7.2. Any ideas? Thanks.
MFDHoward
New User

Post by MFDHoward »

Giving this a try later this week.
dorrisant
New User

Post by dorrisant »

Love it! I may grow to like these pagers after all!
Sooomoney
New User

Post by Sooomoney »

Is there a way to change the "code"? From 2-tone to DTMF??
ryolsen8
New User

Post by ryolsen8 »

Has anyone overwrited to the original file and had problems? I saved mine as a new file, but would llike to overwrite it... If I can,. Ive got the original MIN V Software Disk, if something goes wrong with overwriting it, coulden't I just reinstall it?
radio64

Post by radio64 »

Running the engineer mode, I added a second frequency, edited the data and such and saved it. When trying to load it into the pager, I get a "pager write failed" error. Was able to program that particular pager with the 'standard' M5 software for 1 freq. Using serial cable (not usb) When trying to program the pager with the 2 freq data using the 'standard' M5 software, it gives an error message of codeplug mismatch... What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks.
jwaters504
New User

Post by jwaters504 »

I have a UHF pager that I needed to change the band split on. I needed to change from F to E. The frequency I need to program is 460.000. I was able to change it just fine and the pager took the new programming however when turned on it emits a continuous tone. Is there something else that needs to be changed or am I SOL?
kmullen605
New User

Post by kmullen605 »

followed the instructions at the end I compiled script went to save as it wont overwrite or save what am I doing wroung... please help
rpennington
New User

Post by rpennington »

Everything seemed to work, however when i changed my pager from a single to a 2 channel when I turn it on it emits a long tone that never stops. How do I fix that? Anyone know?
MOTO_LR

Post by MOTO_LR »

rpennington wrote:Everything seemed to work, however when i changed my pager from a single to a 2 channel when I turn it on it emits a long tone that never stops. How do I fix that? Anyone know?
Did you also change it from non-Stored Voice to Stored Voice?
chief5620
New User

Post by chief5620 »

ryolsen8 wrote:Has anyone overwrited to the original file and had problems? I saved mine as a new file, but would llike to overwrite it... If I can,. Ive got the original MIN V Software Disk, if something goes wrong with overwriting it, coulden't I just reinstall it?
I had the same problem at firest. Run the program as an administrator and it should let you over write the program
Keith5888
New User

Post by Keith5888 »

will these directions work for software 1.7.2? thanks in advance
Keith5888
New User

Post by Keith5888 »

Ok I got the engineer logon to be on the menu. Now when I put the password in nothing comes up can someone help please.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Did the program appear as though it accepted the password?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Keith5888 wrote:Ok I got the engineer logon to be on the menu. Now when I put the password in nothing comes up can someone help please.
After entering the password, click on View --> Engineering Mode
israel
New User

Post by israel »

Could anyone tell me what settings I need to change to allow shorter tones to work? We have a pre alert tone with the tones being less than a 1/4 second. Thank You
firefighter30
New User

Post by firefighter30 »

Man I can't thank you enough!! works like a charm!!
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

rpennington wrote:Everything seemed to work, however when i changed my pager from a single to a 2 channel when I turn it on it emits a long tone that never stops. How do I fix that? Anyone know?
Pager will not accept Stored Voice if the hardware does not support this. The long continuous tone is the hardware fault condition. Remove the Stored Voice option and reprogram unit
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
THEKING205
New User

Post by THEKING205 »

fdmagic wrote:I have a VHF minitor V and have the "Engineering" PPS what I want to do is program a frequency that is about 1mhz down from the lower band limit and F2 program within the band limit. I changed the lower band limit in the software (Hex Edit) but when I try to enter the freq I get a popup window that says "Please enter a number between xxx.x and xxx.xxxx. I tried using ResHaker to find the menu but it does not show as a popup and I couldn't find the limits numbers in the Hex Edit. Any thoughts?
Did you ever find a solution to this problem Im currently trying to change My UHF pager to work on 430-450.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”