Advisor Elite Programming Cradle

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nmas_emt
New User

Advisor Elite Programming Cradle

Post by nmas_emt »

I've been doing some research lately into the hardware necessary to program my Unication Alpha Elite pager. The prices that i've found (only flea-bay so far) are ASTOUNDING! Over $300 for a kit! Now i'm trying to find a work-around.

A couple of questions,

Could i use the Universal Programming Interface listed here on Batboard http://batlabs.com/pagerrib.html with the advisor elite programming cradle?

Is that all that would be required or are there other 'bits' involved as well?

I've got a few other motorola part numbers from my searches but i don't know how they relate specifically to the Motorola/Unication Advisor Elite alpha pager.

Is there a better place (than flea-bay) to get the programming equipment for the alpha elite pager?

Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.
Batboard $upporter

Re: Advisor Elite Programming Cradle

Post by 515 »

I don't have any experience with the Unication versions of the Advisor Elite, but I have successfully programmed the older Motorola branded Advisor Elite without the cradle. I used a real Motorola UPI (pager RIB), but it sounds like you could build your own or make something equivalent for pretty cheap. There's some useful info in this thread:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69617

Instead of using the cradle, I made a simple cable to connect the pager to the UPI. I just cut the end off an old phone cord (since the modular jack plugs directly into the UPI), and broke a couple of pins off a header like this one below, and soldered the cut end of the phone cord to it.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... =WM8076-ND

To program the pager, I just place it on the table upside down, and press and hold the two pins in the holes... My hand would get tired if I had to do a bunch of these like this, but it works fine for occasional programming.
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

You know that cradle they are selling on ebay for 200-300 dollars has a retail price of 66.00 from motorola!!

I know cause i ordered one. The new one that has unication on the board in the cradle does not need a UPI as it is built in.

Frank
paemt
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS3000

Post by paemt »

n3obl wrote:You know that cradle they are selling on ebay for 200-300 dollars has a retail price of 66.00 from motorola!!

I know cause i ordered one. The new one that has unication on the board in the cradle does not need a UPI as it is built in.

Frank
Part number? Will this work for the unication alpha gold?
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

RLN6361A List is 75.00

I dont see why it wouldnt work with a gold.

Ive used it with both unication and motorola pagers. When you open it up it says unication on board.

Its a complete cradle/UPI in one. Comes with power supply and db-9 cable.

Frank

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”