Minitor V constant squelch problem.....

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eljefe417
New User

Minitor V constant squelch problem.....

Post by eljefe417 »

Hello All,

I've been searching all over to see if anyone can answer this for me. So far, no luck. I have a Minitor V Stored Voice pager that I bought from a guy who just left the volunteer firefighter service. He assured me that the pager was in 'mint' condition. Everything looked/seemed perfect until I sent it to be programmed. As it was being programmed the programmer realized that when it was set to either scan mode(bank C or D)the squelch stayed wide open. If I have it set to either alert mode(bank A or B) it will tone out and receive our alert but, after the call the squelch stays wide open again. Strangely enough, the other day I happened to check to see if was still full squelch on C and D and it worked fine for about 5 minutes, then went to full wide open squelch again. Any ideas? Someone suggested that it is just a programming issue, yet the programmer told me he thinks that the RF board needs replacing. I am totally ignorant when it comes to the technical side of these pagers, so any and all help is appreciated. If it is something simple, I'd rather not send it back to Motorola. Maybe the squelch is set too sensitive???

Thanks for your time,
ElJefe
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor V constant squelch problem.....

Post by MOTO_LR »

What are the frequencies your pager is programmed for?

Bob
eljefe417
New User

Post by eljefe417 »

Bob,
158.355 and 152.945. They are our alert and the local repeater. We just started using the Minitor V recently so I really don't know what to do.
Thanks.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

I have seen the open squelch problem on a handful of Minitor V's. They all had to go to the depot for repair.

Jim
eljefe417
New User

Post by eljefe417 »

Thanks, Jim. I kind of figured that it would. I've been in contact with Motorola and have started setting up the repair request. Ah well..............

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”