Minitor IV 1 Channel to 2 channel using dos

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Irmrbean
New User

Minitor IV 1 Channel to 2 channel using dos

Post by Irmrbean »

Is it possible to convert a 1 channel Minitor IV to a 2 channel Minitor IV without having access to a 2 channel Minitor IV? Ive been tryin to edit the code plug but i am not having any luck finding the right value to change.
Al

Re: Minitor IV 1 Channel to 2 channel using dos

Post by Al »

Try searching here for "Minitor IV engineering mode", and I think you'll find the answers you're looking for.
Irmrbean
New User

Post by Irmrbean »

From what i had found engineering mode was only for the windows version of the software.

I tried the directions on http://www.batlabs.com/minitor.html but they refer to a hex address that does not line up to anything in the .dat file.
Al

Post by Al »

Unless you cannot run the windows version for some reason I know of no way to do what you want to do. The windows wersion is available for free download from one of the Motorola websites. Is there any reason you can't use the windows version?
Irmrbean
New User

Post by Irmrbean »

You can only get the Minitor V version from Motorola, and my vendor does not have anymore of the windows version for the Minitor IV.
mojo3120

Post by mojo3120 »

it's possible with the dos version but it's a pita. Check your PM's first :)

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”