CP1250 Resets Itself When Changing The Battery

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Johnny Galaga

CP1250 Resets Itself When Changing The Battery

Post by Johnny Galaga »

If I can switch out the AAA battery in less than 3 seconds then it's fine. Anything longer than that and it loses all it's pages and time settings. Is there a watch battery or something that needs replacing?
Analog already is interoperable.

goblue

Re: CP1250 Resets Itself When Changing The Battery

Post by goblue »

Yes, there is a small battery that can easily be replaced to fix the problem..
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Broke out the golden torx screwdriver and opened 'er up (why does Motorola always seem to use torx screws??). Couldn't see any battery at first, but after some careful tinkering managed to find it.

There's a little board and green gasket that you have to remove to get to the battery. The board plugs into a socket and you just gotta pull it straight out. Then lift up the green gasket and you're ready to switch out the battery.

It's a very small watch-style battery called a MS621. Slapped a new in there and that has fixed the problem.

Squad5
was mwb9122

Post by Squad5 »

Sorry to revive an old thread. Where did you find this MS621 battery? I found some online, but they have the probes because they are rechargeable. Will these work or do I need one without the probes?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

The internal batteries are typically a rechargeable lithium cell. I see Digi-key has them for a couple of dollars.
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Got mine on a certain auction website of choice and it is supposed to be rechargeable. Get the one without probes/prongs on it. They get in the way when you try to slide it into the CP1250. Mine came with them and I had to slowly break 'em off which was a minor inconvenience.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”