Minitor 3 Pager issue

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vercomm

Minitor 3 Pager issue

Post by Vercomm »

Hey Guys,

I have a Minitor III/3 VHF, NSV, 1 ch pager (A,B,C,D knob) that has a major issue. When you power it on it makes a continuous tone like you have entered the programming mode. It doesn't matter what position i power on the pager etc same result.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem.

Thanks!!
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
Lake Effect

Re: Minitor 3 Pager issue

Post by Lake Effect »

I have seen several and repaired them. In fact, I just finished fixing the same issue on one here about five minutes ago. That pager reminded me that I forgot to reply to your post as I had intended.
You will need to remove the large shield on the interior of the main board to get to the processor ic. It is only secured in 2 or 3 places so it comes off easily. Under the shield is the large square chip with many legs. You will find one or more legs loose and, for this problem, they will be at the corner nearest the battery box. Use a small plastic blade between pins to see what moves. Reflow the connection and you should be good to go. I have seen them end up with a corrupt codeplug due to the connection problem so you may have to reprogram to correct that trouble. The VHF unit I just fixed said it was programmed for 365.010 Mhz. Reprogram to correct frequency and it now works good.

Good luck

L.E.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”