05 Crown Vic LED

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radioeng462
No Longer Registered

05 Crown Vic LED

Post by radioeng462 »

I am looking to install some bright red and blue led's behind the engine grille. Thinking about strobes so they really stand out as I need to get through traffic when I need to in a hurry. It's the civilian version, not the PI version of the car. It's black and I use stealth antennas to keep it like an undercover car.

Any suggestions..
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: 05 Crown Vic LED

Post by FireCpt809 »

LED's and stobes are not the same thing, Why would you need red and blue lights anyway?
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

When I have to get from point A to point B in a hurry.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

If you are actually law enforcement or other authorized-to-have-emergency-lighting personnel, you should already have a relationship with the folks who do this.

If you don't have the authorization to have emergency lighting (and no, a ham ticket does not authorize you), then you are breaking the law (as well as giving hams a bad name with true emergency responders), and I doubt anybody here will help you.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

I am with Skywarn and it's important to get to the storm to report on it. Could be the difference between life or death.
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

radioeng462 wrote:I am with Skywarn and it's important to get to the storm to report on it. Could be the difference between life or death.
ok.. go play somewhere else..
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

radioeng462 wrote:I am with Skywarn and it's important to get to the storm to report on it. Could be the difference between life or death.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Did this thread get lost on its way to hamsexy? :D
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

escomm wrote:Did this thread get lost on its way to hamsexy? :D
Or RadioReference?

:o whacker......

Not surprising that he wants emergency lights for "Skywarn" after programming and trying to use an unauthorized radio on a SZ system.
radioeng462 wrote:
Well I gave it a shot and when I turned on the radio, the red light blinked twice, then the radio shut off. I tried powering it up again and noting happens, no display and just a quick flash of the top led. I have not tried to read it in case the radio is broken. Any suggestions??

FireCpt809 wrote:
Guess you shouldnt have given it a shot... Your radio has been Inhibited.. You have a door stop.

Seems to be a pattern developing.............
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

That's not very nice!! Thought this site was supposed to informative.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

radioeng462 wrote:That's not very nice!! Thought this site was supposed to informative.
It is informative. It informed you to not put your radio on a trunked system you were not authorized to use, and informed you of the consequences of doing so.

It informed you of the (il)legality of putting red and blue lights on your vehicle when not authorized to do so, informed you of the fact that Skywarn participation does not authorize you to have red and blue lights, and informed you of the likely consequences of doing so.

I cannot help it if the information you get does not fit with your inaccurate world view - the truth is that which exists independent of your belief in it.

If you want to find some site that will tell you inaccurate information (read: flat out lies) and confirm your whacker fantasies about "me an' my raddidio savin' thu world from them-there tornadees", I am sure you will be able to locate a number of such sites on the Internet, and impress them with your "intelligence". I think all of us here on Batboard wil just have to muddle along without you.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

Well you don't have to be so mean about it. My God, nobody in this world is perfect but if you think it's necessary to insult or flame me then it's you that has the issue. With that being said I am not going to waste anymore of my time dealing with you.

Also I had my XTS2500 un-inhibited so stick that where the sun don't shine..
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

radioeng462 wrote:Well you don't have to be so mean about it. My God, nobody in this world is perfect but if you think it's necessary to insult or flame me then it's you that has the issue. With that being said I am not going to waste anymore of my time dealing with you.

Real mature... I think radioreference has a nice place for you over there
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Now go away, or we shall taunt you a second time!
KF5LSC
What radios do you own?: APX7000 / small fleet of XTS5K

Post by KF5LSC »

radioeng462 wrote:That's not very nice!! Thought this site was supposed to informative.
I think it has been pretty informative. You came to a board composed of many members who are active in public safety, asking how to engage in activity that is criminal in nearly all jurisdictions. You were advised accordingly.

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post, usually I wouldn't start off with a "flame" but your attitude has proven infuriating to me. Public safety personnel have been fired, civilly sued, and even imprisoned as a result of injuries/ deaths caused by a code response while in the performance of their official duties. What do you think would happen to you when you t-bone another vehicle and kill everyone inside while impersonating a peace officer, a felony in and of itself?

Is that "storm" really worth it? Let me put it into perspective: I've been a police officer for nearly six years now, and while I can't profess to be a veteran LEO, I do know that experience has made me very cautious when having to respond code to a call. "Rolling code", while sometimes necessary depending on the call, also serves to make an already volatile situation even more dangerous. Not only do you face danger at the scene, but you may be maimed or killed just trying to get there. Again- is that storm or (insert lame excuse to impersonate a peace officer here) really worth it? No.

The bottom line is that the actions you are proposing to engage in WILL land you in some incredibly hot water that you probably don't want to be swimming in.

Moderators: This is my first post. Please feel free to moderate as needed if you feel I stepped out of line.

Thanks,

Justin
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Well, it does fit in with those in Minnesota's wackerness...

I suggest going over to elighbars and tell them what you want to do. I am sure the amber light crowd can help you there.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Well I learned my lesson so please be nice. I am going to beg them to un-inhibit my radio as I paid over $1,000 for my radio. They should not do that to people's radios since I am a tax payer and paid for the radio system.

[QMod note: You're out of your mind with that line of thought. That's the mindset that got you in this situation in the first place. -d119]
I would LOVE to hear the story you spun to the agency that runs the system you hacked into. I am quite sure they rolled over when you pulled out the "taxpayer" and "Skywarn" names.

All one has to do is search on the 36 posts you have made to the forums here to see the whacker-ism spewing forth. I don't think I have seen anyone post such blatant disregard as you though about unauthorized programming on a system and still not be banned. Obviously, your last post indicated that you have not learned anything from the responses from some of the most senior members of Batlabs. One could only hope that when (if you can) post again about your radios being inhibited or you want red and blue lights to get through traffic quickly because you are in Skywarn, you are met with the thundering roar of crickets.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

Well ok then!! Have a nice day!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

As much as I would love to see where this will go, I feel to press the magic button on my admin panel and apply a Fail 1/82 (Fail 001 seems to be the way) and some of this product:

Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”