MCS2000 Y-Cable Diagram

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

towmater
New User

MCS2000 Y-Cable Diagram

Post by towmater »

Can anyone guide me in the D.I.Y. creation of a Y-Cable for a dual head MCS2000 system?

I have a normal Model II head and another Model II head marked "Rear Control Head"

I was thinking of splicing two remote cables together. Is that a feasible method of connecting both heads to a single radio? If so, are there any cables that I should not splice and that should only be run to one head or the other, such as speaker wires?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: MCS2000 Y-Cable Diagram

Post by thebigphish »

towmater wrote:Can anyone guide me in the D.I.Y. creation of a Y-Cable for a dual head MCS2000 system?

I have a normal Model II head and another Model II head marked "Rear Control Head"

I was thinking of splicing two remote cables together. Is that a feasible method of connecting both heads to a single radio? If so, are there any cables that I should not splice and that should only be run to one head or the other, such as speaker wires?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!
I've seen that tried unsuccessfully several times (by people that were clowns honestly, so YMMV).
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”