Systems 9000 siren glitch

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Texaschad25
New User

Systems 9000 siren glitch

Post by Texaschad25 »

Yesterday while responding to an accident, my siren kept shutting off on its own. I am running a spectra with the systems 9000 box and a A9 head. When I would activate the siren in either wail or yelp, it would run for a few seconds, then shut off. It was not giving me a (speaker short) error. I also noticed that the red activation light under the (SIRN) button would go out when the siren shut off. I could immediately hit the SIRN button again and the siren would activate for several more seconds. Any ideas on what may be going on here?
SlimBob

Re: Systems 9000 siren glitch

Post by SlimBob »

What is your horn-ring setup?
Solo
New User
What radios do you own?: Astro Saber, Astro Spectra

Post by Solo »

I would check your leads and connections. Something may be bad or loose.

Also make sure there's nothing causing the amp to heat up.

Does the tone change when it shuts down, or does it sound like it normally does?
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Check the accessory interface cable and make sure it is fully engaged at both ends, and that you have a good ground and power for the main power to the siren module. If power is interrupted to the siren momentarily it may reset the bus and not necessarily trip an error code on the Spectra. More than likely it is a loose or bad data cable between the radio accessory connection and the siren module, and not power related.

If it doesn't drive anyone nuts, get a rubber mallet, put the unit in code 3 mode, and start bumping around on the radio deck, siren box and related components, you may simply have a vibration related issue.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”