2014 Ford PI Sedan Questions

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bunick
New User

2014 Ford PI Sedan Questions

Post by bunick »

Hope some one here can give me some insight. Installing into a 2014 interceptor sedan. Trying to figure out the 14 pin power module. I understand the that some are 17 amp and I believe 12 amp 12 volt sources. I don't have one of the tags in from of me. I believe one is the vehicle speed sensor. I'm looking for a brake output for the camera. The car has some clear lights on the side just ahead of the front doors. Are they some kind of warning/flashing lights? The customer has no idea. How can I tell if the car has wig wags? Thanks
Bob
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Wiring diagram

Post by spectragod »

bunick wrote:Hope some one here can give me some insight. Installing into a 2014 interceptor sedan. Trying to figure out the 14 pin power module. I understand the that some are 17 amp and I believe 12 amp 12 volt sources. I don't have one of the tags in from of me. I believe one is the vehicle speed sensor. I'm looking for a brake output for the camera. The car has some clear lights on the side just ahead of the front doors. Are they some kind of warning/flashing lights? The customer has no idea. How can I tell if the car has wig wags? Thanks
Bob

Connector View For Connector 3U2Z- 14S411–APA Continues Onto The Next Page.
Pin Number Description Wire Color
1 Wig Wag Control VT
2 Front Corner LED Power Control VT-OG
3 Front Flasher Power Control BN-YE
4 Speaker (-) at Grille (Option) GN-BU
5 Open
6 Front Corner LED Light Synch GY-OG
7 Dimmer VT-GY
8 Brake Output Signal Ground BU-OG
9 Speaker (+) at Grille (Option) BN
10 Open
11 Open
12 Open
13 Open
14 LED Flash Pattern GY-BN
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Re: 2014 Ford PI Sedan Questions

Post by jmr061 »

I have to ask why the customer has no clue what their car has....? Assuming this vehicle is unchanged from the factory the side lights are Whelen ION LED lights. Either run a VIN check for the window sticker to see if it came with the factory wig wag solution or you can look at the front turn signal bulbs. If they are a clear cylinder like shape then it has the factory wig wags, if they are an orange turn signal bulb then it does not.

As far as the brake wire Spectragod is correct....but this isn't the 14 pin power plug, it is a different plug that normally doesn't come with a pigtail harness. Did you DL the upfitter guide from Ford? It has a lot of useful information.

Jason
bunick
New User

Post by bunick »

The tag on the 14 pin connector is part# 3U2Z-14S411-BJAC. So it list totally different functions then what Spectragod listed. Yes I do have what I think is the correct Upfitters guide. I have two plugs. Both have pigtails that can be plugged into them. The other is a 6 pin with 3 hot and 3 grounds. I wish I had the Connector 3U2Z- 14S411–APA I think it would be more useful to me. I'm not sure where the window sticker is. According to what I read on the connector I have 4 of the pins are steering wheel switches. I'm not sure I can find a use for them. Thanks for the help guys. I have tried to get info from the Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Association web site but I must be stupid cause I find it the hardest site to navigate. Anyone know of a forum that deals with Emergency Vehicle setup that you use? Thanks
Bob
bunick
New User

Post by bunick »

About the sidelights. I have wonder if they might be controlled by the blunt cut wires in the grill. There is a good picture of them in the upfitters guide on page 2-39. I did find them. There is also a connector there with them. I'm not sure if is the same as on page 2-38 but I know there is one there. I didn't think it was a 4 pin connector. Where would I find the other end of that connector? Another connector I would like to find but haven't is the radio speaker that is suppose to be in the lower center instrument trim panel. How hard would it be to have these mounted some where a little easier to get to. More go to waste because it is near impossible to find them or the customer wouldn't be happy paying me a couple extra hours to find them. Thanks
Bob
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

The 14 pin connector that has the brake light normally does not come with the pigtail end. That is something you have to order from Ford. I just cut the wire I need to use and connect to it. The two harnesses that came with the car come standard and they are for the power harness and the harness that you mentioned has the steering wheel control wires which actually are only available for use if the vehicle was ordered with that option.

If you want to pull the window sticker use : http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-L ... /Ford.html
bunick
New User

Post by bunick »

Where is the 14 pin connector with the brake output?
bunick
New User

Post by bunick »

Well I found the "Front Lighting Solution Wig-Wag connector. The discription in the upfitters guide says pin 6 on the connector is Wig-Wag Run/Start(20a). Does that mean I can apply 12 volts to that pin and the lights will work? Thanks
Bob
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

bunick wrote:Where is the 14 pin connector with the brake output?
The top right hand side of the center stack, on the sedan, it is on the back side of the metal bracket and taped to the harness, that is the connector that you wanted the pin out for, it is a white 14 pin connector.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by bunick »

I found it. I had to take side of the dash to get to it. Don't want to make it easy. Thanks.
Bob

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”