LED visor light question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

LED visor light question

Post by K8TEK »

I have a led visor light, like the one in the link. I need to change one sides color to red. Does anybody have a clue where to get a different light module, or am I stuck resoldering all the LEDS.
K8TEK::Tim
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

no link attached. make and model?
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"

Post by K8TEK »

akardam

Post by akardam »

I actually had a Whelen version of this, and it just had a +/- wire lead going from the little PCB w/ the switches to the lighthead. It was two 500 series lightheads packaged together if memory serves. If you find a similar lighthead from your manufacturer, you could probably unsolder the leads to the current module and solder in the leads for the replacement module, and you'd be good to go.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"

Post by K8TEK »

This unit was made by sound off, but bears the Galls logo.

I contacted sound off, and they will change out the LED module for a nominal fee of $35, which I cannot beat because if I were to buy the 43 LEDs individually, it would cost me over $150. Damn White LEDS.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”