Final Project Completed Honda Accord Install

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kg6bki

Final Project Completed Honda Accord Install

Post by kg6bki »

I have outfitted my car with a Full Led Lightbar and Strobe Setup...

List of Equipment...

Rear of Car

1 Svc Amber Led Arrowstick
2 Sho-Me Leds Bars
Corner Strobe's in Brake Lights
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/25.jpg

Front of Car
Strobe Lights in Headlight Assembly's
Rear Mirror Phantom Led Amber/Amber
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/23.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/24.jpg

Interior
Left Switch-Phantom Led & Strobes
Right Switch- Rear Led's
Alinco DR-605TQ 2/440mhz
Uniden CB Radio with Pa Speaker In Hood
CHP Red Map Light
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/26.jpg

Middle Console
Arrowstick Controller
Pro-2067 Scanner (Not Installed Yet)
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/27.jpg
tensi0n
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS 3000

Post by tensi0n »

Just out of curiosity, what do you use this vehicle for? Construction? I don't think I've seen a Honda Accord with so many amber leds. 8)
bulletproof-791
What radios do you own?: to may to list here!!!!

lights

Post by bulletproof-791 »

He Delivers Pizza...........brian pm me on the Rear Mirror Phantom Led Amber/Amber
"Arguing with a fool proves there are two"
kg6bki

Post by kg6bki »

None of the lights are "For Sale" except for the right price...lol...Naw...I do alot of Private Security Work and I'm often a nice guy and help out others I see stuck on the side of the road...and this add's to the visability of my car...plus Amber is Legal To use in my state
tensi0n
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS 3000

Post by tensi0n »

Sounds good. I'm from CA too. Who makes that arrow stick? SVP?
Last edited by tensi0n on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg6bki

Post by kg6bki »

Yea it was a SVP Arrowstick...I saw they retail for around $449ish brand new which was crazy...lol...Unless a dept is payin for it...I got that darn thing for like $165.00 Shipped which was still alot of money for me but it was better than paying full price...Everyone on the freeway still paces my car though and they slow down...
kg4ciu

Post by kg4ciu »

kg6bki wrote: and I'm often a nice guy and help out others I see stuck on the side of the road...
folks in public saftey 'round here have a name for folks like you
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

kg4ciu wrote:
kg6bki wrote: and I'm often a nice guy and help out others I see stuck on the side of the road...
folks in public saftey 'round here have a name for folks like you
You aren't the only one :roll:
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

hamsexy
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

kg6bki wrote:None of the lights are "For Sale" except for the right price...lol...Naw...I do alot of Private Security Work and I'm often a nice guy and help out others I see stuck on the side of the road...and this add's to the visability of my car...plus Amber is Legal To use in my state
Amber is not legal in California for your implementation, sorry
CVC 25279 wrote:(b) (1) Vehicles owned by a private security agency and operated by personnel who are registered with the Department of Consumer Affairs under Article 3 (commencing with Section 7582) of Chapter 11.5 of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code may be equipped with a flashing amber warning light system while the vehicle is operated on a highway, if the vehicle is in compliance with Section 27605 and is distinctively marked with the words "PRIVATE SECURITY" or "SECURITY PATROL" on the rear and both sides of the vehicle in a size that is legible from a distance of not less than 50 feet.
emphasis added
Last edited by escomm on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom IL

Post by tom IL »

First I am not trying to start a flame or anything but… I was an armed guard in CA for a while and know the rules. Vehicles used for private security must be clearly marked “Private Security” or “Security Patrol” on both sides and the rear to be equipped with amber lights. I think there was also a requirement on how big the lettering had to be. Again not trying to start anything but your car does not appear to be legal for that purpose as it is. That said the company I worked for let us use our own cars (my truck is much more covetable that what most of the other companies in the area had) and we had magnetic signs.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”