Cleaning up Vista lens covers

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rangerfourever

Cleaning up Vista lens covers

Post by rangerfourever »

We have three squads with Federal Vista bars that are dull. Wondering what others have used to clean/polish these up, to bring them back to clear? Installer told me to take them off and clean in/out and polish with buffer wheel on handdrill. thanks
Dave
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Cleaning up Vista lens covers

Post by Wowbagger »

Obviously you need to install SP1, then upgrade your video card....

Ooops, wrong Vista - sorry.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Novus plastic polish. Its what we use. You can find it at some better parts places. Or body shop suppliers. There are 3 grades. They can be done by hand. If you use a wheel there is a good chance you may melt the plastic. First of all take them off and wash them in warm soapy water. Then wipe with a soft terry cloth and air dry That removes all the major dirt and grime If they are really bad start with the #3 and use the #2 to remove it. If they have a minor haze use the #2. Its like waxing a car. let dry and buff.
rangerfourever

Post by rangerfourever »

Thanks, I will pick some today and try to clean up one bar after my shift. 8)
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Wowbagger wrote:Obviously you need to install SP1, then upgrade your video card....

Ooops, wrong Vista - sorry.
Sorry, they don't make polish strong enough to fix Vista. You can't polish a turd. :lol:

Another vote for Novus.
High_order1

Post by High_order1 »

Novus is the shizzz.

In addition to any colored lenses, it clears up cloudy aerodynamic headlamps. Only warning - go EASY. Too fast and you'll generate a lot of heat, to the point you can melt the lens. Oh - uh, unless you have a lot of time and upper body strength, the easiest way to get results is a random orbital buffer like you use to apply wax with.

-Shawn
rangerfourever

Post by rangerfourever »

Yep did one with arm power. Came out ok, but need to set up the power buffer and have at it. Thanks guys

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”