Viper Light LED Lightbars

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bundy125

Viper Light LED Lightbars

Post by bundy125 »

Hello everyone,

I've been looking at replacing Code 3 mini lightbar with a LED mini lightbar. I've found one that's struck my fancy being sold under the name of VIPER Mini Slither. Has anyone on the board had any experience with this brand? Are they reliable and visible during the day? Their website has a video showing the light working, but it's taped at a close range, so I'm not sure of its penetration in the daytime. Here's the link to the site...

http://www.viperlightbars.com/catalog.p ... 584#IMAGES

Thanks in advance,

bundy125
bobbyaa
New User

Re: Viper Light LED Lightbars

Post by bobbyaa »

I personally do not care for this lightbar. I have installed one before and they are...quite interesting. The day visibility is horrible. The manufacturer is out of China, I believe, and the instructions appear to have been poorly translated. The takedown lights are...white LEDs, and the overall flash patterns are not so hot. Just IMHO.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Hi Bobbyaa,

Thanks for the reply. I ran across these while researching the LED lights, and the prices were much better than the "Name" brands, so I thought I'd check will all the gurus on the board for their opinions. When I ran the video on their site, they lights appeared to be pretty bright, but the pictures were within 50 feet or so. When I'm out on the road, I really would rather be seen well for at least 1/2 mile, so I may just buy another code three mini bar and install.

Thanks again for the reply.

Bundy125
tiawah466

Post by tiawah466 »

My department bought one and it seems to have an invisible light feature enabled during the daytime, and it also creates lots of radio interference, not only on the vehicle radio but on a portable radio standing several feet away from the car.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Typical Chinese :o.

If you want a decent lightbar, the right answer is Whelen, FedSig, or Tomar. Second tier would be Code3. Third tier, BlowMe (shome), able 2, Sound Off, and their ilk.

Whelen just released an LED version of the Mini Responder, which is in the $300 range and is damn bright. I'd rather have a Whelen minibar than a knockoff full-size bar.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

I appreciate all your responses. I will definately shy away from the viper-night stalker lights. To be honest, I'm still not sure that I'm sold on the led lightbars either. I've seen various brands in use down here in Southeast Texas, and they just don't seem as bright in the daylight as the lights like the MX 7000. I've actually seen both in use from a distance, and I saw the 7000 from a lot farther distance at the same accident seen. I really like the low profile of the led lights, but I guess I'm one of these old fogies that is somewhat change resistant. Again, I appreciate the responses from everyone. Y'all have helped me decide not to go with the viper line.

Bundy125
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

I got a laugh out of the guy grunting and wheezing walking around his own truck.

Yeah, i'll shy away from THOSE kind of demo videos.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Just an update, went with the Whelen 9M mini-bar and it does the job. Found a fellow firefighter in the area that has the Viper bar, and I think the Whelen kicks its butt. Once again, thanks for all the advice.

Bundy125

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”