Dynamax speaker in grill on 05 F250

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bundy125

Dynamax speaker in grill on 05 F250

Post by bundy125 »

Hello All,

Anyone have experience at installing a federal dynamax speaker behind the grill on an 05 F250 powerstroke? There seems to be enough room behind the grill, but all the supports are plastic. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Bundy125
tvsjr

Re: Dynamax speaker in grill on 05 F250

Post by tvsjr »

It's not easy... and the Dynamaxes aren't the most exciting speakers anyway.

My personal solution was a Ranch Hand front end replacement. Mount the speakers on the flat between the truck grille and the front-end guard grille, and you're good to go.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

tvsjr wrote:It's not easy... and the Dynamaxes aren't the most exciting speakers anyway.

My personal solution was a Ranch Hand front end replacement. Mount the speakers on the flat between the truck grille and the front-end guard grille, and you're good to go.
Hi tvsjr,

Thanks for the reply. I have thought about that or a brush guard, but I'm kinda on a tight budget with this one. I was hoping that someone might know of a mounting bracket like the ones advertised for the crown vics, and once again... I wouldn't trust mounting that heavy thing to the plastic behind the grill. The only other metal I have in that area that is somewhat open is offset behind the front license plate on the inside of the bumper. It ain't the best location but it is semi "unobstructed". More than likely I'll wind up getting a brush guard but I'm trying to exhaust any other possibilities before breaking the piggy bank.

Again I really do appreciate the reply, folks on this board are always very helpful.

Thanks,

Bundy125
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I would suggest a mounting bracket from a excursion. Federal makes a vehicle specific bracket.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

FireCpt809 wrote:I would suggest a mounting bracket from a excursion. Federal makes a vehicle specific bracket.
Thanks for the reply FireCpt809. I checked their website and could only find the explorer and expedition, no excursion. I downloaded the instructions for the expedition/explorer and will look to see if this bracket might work with the powerstroke.

Thanks again,

Bundy125
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

We did make a bracket for a 2000MY using a piece of 2-inch aluminum L and two L-brackets, mounting each L-bracket to the plastic on each side of the grille area. Not the greatest but it did work.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Hi tvsjr,
I was thinking of something along those lines as well. My thought was a piece of aluminum square tubing placed in the center post of the grill and bolt it thru that. I'm not in a big rush, but would like to get it done with a reasonable amount of functionality.

Thanks Again,

Bundy125
Bat2way

Post by Bat2way »

Mounted one under the front end on a rail under the radiator ending up at 45 degree angle to the ground. An acceptable trade-off rather than having to rig it to any plastic parts up front and hoping it would hold.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

bundy125 wrote:Hi tvsjr,
I was thinking of something along those lines as well. My thought was a piece of aluminum square tubing placed in the center post of the grill and bolt it thru that. I'm not in a big rush, but would like to get it done with a reasonable amount of functionality.

Thanks Again,

Bundy125
We do alot of installs in personal vehicles for volunteer chiefs. We have done something similar, however I opted for pressure treated lumber. I actually cut it down on the table saw to fit in the grove on the U-channel of the plastic. I also hang the speaker below the rail. We have had no issues as of yet, and mine has been in my truck for 2 years now. My 04 SD is still driving around with the speaker mounted this way. I was worried when I bought my 06, as I plow also, but even with all the ramming and such the speaker is still there, and all looks good. Now as for the speaker itself, its the 2nd in 2 years, not sure why, but they warrantied it so i dont care.

JAS
KB2ZTX
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Thanks Bat2way & jsikora,

Both ideas are within the realm of doing for me. I do appreciate the replies.

bundy125

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”