Whelen PCDS-9 info needed

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Matt
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XTL5000

Whelen PCDS-9 info needed

Post by Matt »

I picke up a Whelen PCDS-9 this past weekend for cheap along with a PCC-S9, and need some help on it. I have not been able to find a whole heck of a lot of info on it, but did crack it open as well as the PCC and they have some of the same color wires coming off of it. I tryed to find info on it but haven't been able to with a lot of success. A friend of mine does have a B-Link power supply I may be able to get, but have no way to know how to setup it up.

Anyone have an install manual or something for this?
Matt
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Whelen PCDS-9 info needed

Post by Pj »

The PCDS was made for the diagnostic 9308 bars, used by Ohio State Patrol, Connecticut State police and others. It was the little brother to the BLINK stuff. The box needs to go to Whelen to be reprogrammed. I don't know if it will control an ISP power supply or not, never played with it. Most boxes showing up these days are from Ohio. CSP still has many of its bars in service, slowly being replaced by the liberty.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Matt
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XTL5000

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the help PJ, that points me in a discouraged direction, haha.

So the power supply I have is a BL188C, it looks like I'm in search of some other controller for it...
Matt
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Eh, give John a call at tech support. Worse case he says no, bigger worse case is that it costs a bunch.

There have been MPC01's out of CA lately, some coming with the 627's and 2150's for around $100.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”