Maratrac Siren Help

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

azlooker
What radios do you own?: Way too many to list!

Maratrac Siren Help

Post by azlooker »

Hello All! have a really crazy problem and hoping someone can help. I have searched through all the forums for the answer but it still eludes me. We have a bunch of Maratrac sirens. The Maratrac sirens with the correct DEK boxes. When wired to the maratrac radio, they work and sound as they should. We have been told numerous times and have read numerous times that these units work standalone also. When we try that, they just wont work. The DEK boxes will not light up and no siren functions work. We have tried it with and without the jumper. Anyone have any ideas? We are not sure if we are missing a ground or B+ but according to the manual it should be working.Thanks,

Adam
azlooker
What radios do you own?: Way too many to list!

Re: Maratrac Siren Help

Post by azlooker »

ok, update! We have everything working in the siren/ air horn mode, but can not get external radio or the PA function to work. Anyone have ideas?

Adam
kb9rre

Post by kb9rre »

ok how did you get it to work please
No greater love than this, that a man lays down his life for a friend.
mirage
What radios do you own?: APX7500APX7000 XTS4000 MT500

Post by mirage »

Do you have the control head programmed you can run the features off of that
Doug

azlooker wrote:ok, update! We have everything working in the siren/ air horn mode, but can not get external radio or the PA function to work. Anyone have ideas?

Adam
RadioGuru116
What radios do you own?: Hytera PD782,CDM1250,Maxtrac

Post by RadioGuru116 »

If you got it to work as a stand alone unit, could you possibly PM me the wiring? I have one that I want to use and NOT have to use my Maratrac also
Q2BWail
New User

Post by Q2BWail »

azlooker wrote:Hello All! have a really crazy problem and hoping someone can help. I have searched through all the forums for the answer but it still eludes me. We have a bunch of Maratrac sirens. The Maratrac sirens with the correct DEK boxes. When wired to the maratrac radio, they work and sound as they should. We have been told numerous times and have read numerous times that these units work standalone also. When we try that, they just wont work. The DEK boxes will not light up and no siren functions work. We have tried it with and without the jumper. Anyone have any ideas? We are not sure if we are missing a ground or B+ but according to the manual it should be working.Thanks,

Adam
Adam, I am curious as to how this was resolved. I replaced a MaraTrac radio and quickly discovered that the siren (HLN1318A) needs to be connected to the control head in order to operate.

There is an orange and a green wire leaving the siren control head. The green is connected to a 12v source that becomes active with the key on. The orange is balled up under the dash, having never been connected to anything. The siren amp behind the seat remains in tact and has a constant 12v supply from the battery.

Could it be as simple as connecting the orange wire to power?

Thanks, Rick
linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Post by linkinpark9812 »

Q2BWail wrote:
azlooker wrote:Hello All! have a really crazy problem and hoping someone can help. I have searched through all the forums for the answer but it still eludes me. We have a bunch of Maratrac sirens. The Maratrac sirens with the correct DEK boxes. When wired to the maratrac radio, they work and sound as they should. We have been told numerous times and have read numerous times that these units work standalone also. When we try that, they just wont work. The DEK boxes will not light up and no siren functions work. We have tried it with and without the jumper. Anyone have any ideas? We are not sure if we are missing a ground or B+ but according to the manual it should be working.Thanks,

Adam
Adam, I am curious as to how this was resolved. I replaced a MaraTrac radio and quickly discovered that the siren (HLN1318A) needs to be connected to the control head in order to operate.

There is an orange and a green wire leaving the siren control head. The green is connected to a 12v source that becomes active with the key on. The orange is balled up under the dash, having never been connected to anything. The siren amp behind the seat remains in tact and has a constant 12v supply from the battery.

Could it be as simple as connecting the orange wire to power?

Thanks, Rick
Well if its anything like the Spectra, the Green wire turns the radio on while the orange allows TX. If you are having the same problem he is having where siren/horn work but external radio and PA don't, it may be because of the orange wire not being connected to a switch +12VDC. Maybe Motorola classifies TX as anything with the microphone?

This is all assuming that both these wires are similar to the Spectra's own green and orange wires on the control head wire harness.
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)
Will

Post by Will »

I know that info IS in the service manual for the Maratrac Siren. I do not have a copy, does anyone have the manual?
Will

Post by Will »

Does anyone have a schematic for the DEC button box for the Maratrac siren?

Does anyone have a DEC for the Maratrac siren that are extra to their needs?

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”