Carbon Motors Police Concept Car!

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Wile E. Coyote
What radios do you own?: The best that low bid can buy.

Carbon Motors Police Concept Car!

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before, but has anyone heard about this concept car from Carbon Motors Corporation? Looks impressive, but I have my doubts on it's practicality. Let me know what you think:

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

-WEC 8)

[Edit - Cleaned up dead picture links]
Last edited by Wile E. Coyote on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The bitterness of poor quality lingers longer than the sweetness of low cost"
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

BJ and the Bear

Post by Wowbagger »

I'll show my age, but does this car remind anybody of the super police car from one episode of "BJ and the Bear"?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
akardam

Re: Carbon Motors Police Concept Car!

Post by akardam »

Love the license plates :)
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

that's a lovely photoshopped image.

i've never heard of the company before.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Post by OCSD117 »

it is an interesting concept! I like the idea of a police car being built from the ground up! I think despite the Dodge Charger being a civilian vehicle it is the best designed police car in terms of handling, speed, control and stopping! Ford really need to look into a redesign of the CVPI and don't even get me started on Chevy's Impala! I have worked on all three for installs at my department and the Impala was the worst!
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

RPDM313 wrote:
I think despite the Dodge Charger being a civilian vehicle it is the best designed police car in terms of handling, speed, control and stopping!

As long as cops don't have to see anything behind them, sure.

The 91-96 B-body was a great car, lots of room compared to the later fords. GM had an offer to buy the tooling to continue production for fleet use, it's a shame they didn't sell it.
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Post by OCSD117 »

You know I drive an 07 Charger every day and can honestly say that yes there are blind spots but as you drive it you can easily find ways to overcome them and after driving the charger I am hard pressed to go back to any other police car! as far as the Impala is concerned Chevy shot them selves in the foot early on. We had 1 impala that had gon through 4 transmitions in it's life that is totally unacceptable!
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Post by chpalmer »

I saw a handout on this car a couple of weeks back...

Its Diesel powered! :D
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”