whelen justice opinions

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

whelen justice opinions

Post by lunzac »

just curious if anybody has had any first hand experience with the whelen justice bars. im skeptical due to their price point but then again they are whelen..... any opinions or experience would be appreciated.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: whelen justice opinions

Post by Pj »

Actually, they are quite good. I was a bit curious as well when released, but they are snazzy. They have also released new alley/side lights for the mounting feet which free's up the corner modules.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
armymechanicoif4
New User

Post by armymechanicoif4 »

Hey the I'm new here but I'm going to put my $0.02 in. I have the Justice economy bar since last march so, 13 months now. I am extremely happy with it. I have had no problems with is what so ever. No moisture no fadding of lenses and no led failure. I can't speak for the new Competitor series of the Justice but if it's anything like it's older brother it's with out a doubt worth it. I put my truck up against a brand new Federal Arjent and my Justice stood the test. Not exactly as bright but very very close! I made one modification though by changing the take downs to flashing take downs which believe is now an option on the Competitor series. I would go for it. Save yourself some $$$ you won't regret it.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

My shop has installed about a dozen or so in the last 5-6 months. We have yet to have any issues. They are just as bright as the Code3 2100's we also install.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

I can't comment on the electronics but I do not like the set screw adjustments for the feet and strap kit bolt plate.

Seems to me these will loosen up over time and cause stability problems. I wish there was a true lock down for them.
fineshot1
NJ USA
Pj

Post by Pj »

if they are the same as the rest of the fleet (dont recall but should be), nothing to worry about. I have Neve seen a loose bar.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

Whelen has used that setup for years. I agree with PJ. Never seen one loose.
Pj

Post by Pj »

By design (easier to type here on a normal laptop vs the tablet) the bar will not leave the car unless there is a major failure of the hardware (think rollover).

The ONLY loose bar I have seen is when a new guy at NECS put the mounting feet ON TOP OF the strap. We scratched out heads for a bit on why the bar was wobbly. It still sat pretty close for the week it was mounted like that. After that, all the cars went to Whelen for the installs.

That design has been around since what...1987?
FireCpt809

Post by FireCpt809 »

Ive been installing since 98 and That design was on the advantedge bars and these ones I was installing were on the second go round of cars. I would say 94-95ish

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”