System 9000 Siren / PA box

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jorenwendschuh
New User

System 9000 Siren / PA box

Post by jorenwendschuh »

I was wondering what sort of load the System 9000 Siren/ PA box expects for a speaker, and what I could place on it as a load.

I understand that there are three settings, the 80, 100 and 135 Watt jumper/wire combinations, but could I install two 100w speakers and just not drive them with the full power?

I just cant find anything else on this topic between motorola and or anywhere else!

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
SlimBob

Re: System 9000 Siren / PA box

Post by SlimBob »

jorenwendschuh wrote:I was wondering what sort of load the System 9000 Siren/ PA box expects for a speaker, and what I could place on it as a load.

I understand that there are three settings, the 80, 100 and 135 Watt jumper/wire combinations, but could I install two 100w speakers and just not drive them with the full power?

I just cant find anything else on this topic between motorola and or anywhere else!

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
11-ohms. I believe the settings are 65W, 100W, and 135W. To run more than 100W, the 65-ohm settings are used and dual speakers attached to the siren output (IIRC, but the book isn't in front of me.)

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”