Advise on inside LED light bar needed

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mhayes
New User

Advise on inside LED light bar needed

Post by mhayes »

I have a 2005 Suburban and want to add a good, bright and reliable LED light bar to the front inside. I am looking at the Whelen Inner Edge, but cannot find the linear LED models for the front, only the TIR3. What are the pros and cons of each? Also any other suggestions of bars. This vehicle is frequently used for responses, so as much as I want it to remain a slick top I want a good light.
VehicleSolutions

Re: Advise on inside LED light bar needed

Post by VehicleSolutions »

I sell axixtech and whelen, look them both up and pm me your questions,

www.lightningxproducts.com
www.whelen.com
Ryan Shanower
Vehicle Solutions
1015 Kenyon Ave. NW.
Massillon, Ohio 44647
vehicle.solutions@yahoo.com
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

The LIN6 verison of the inneredge was short lived due to the compliants of taller people and the room it took up (really wasn't a lot, but did give an "enclosed" feeling). The TIR3/LIN3 version appears to actually to put out more light, takes up less headroom and is just as effective, if not better. It comes with various plastic so you can mix and match TIR and LIN optics.

You can't go wrong with the IE. Fits like a glove, simple to install.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
firemedic

Post by firemedic »

All of the inner edge bars I've installed come with the TIR3 and LIN3 reflectors in the kit if that is what has you worried. Your choice as to which you install. I think all of ours came with the TIR3 installed from the factory. Just a matter of switching the lens/reflector assemblies out.
Keith Dobbins N8KLD
IT Mainframe Network Engineer
W8TAP Repeater Group
Repeater Technician
Parkersburg, WV
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

whelen Inner Edge
Code3 Supervisor
Axixtech Stealth Visor

All have their pluses and minuses...

Best price...Axixtech.
Best fit...Probably inner edge or supervisor.
Best light...Axixtech SV60 (My opinion)

I sell them all and have installed them all.
ResponderPSE
New User

Post by ResponderPSE »

I'll chime in here as well. I own Responder PSE and we offer several interior lightbars including the Axixtech Stealth Visor, Sound Off Pinnacle interior lightbar, Code3 Supervisor and the Rontan Visorlight.

In my opinion, the linear is much brighter and much more effective than the TIR style. I know there are a lot of choices out there, but I highly recommend that you take a serious look at the Stealth Visor. For the price, it's hard to beat.

-Michael
WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Post by WCHija »

We use some TIR3s on our motors and one thing we have noticed is that although they are very bright they are too small to be seen over the same distance as a TIR 6 size light.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”