ss2000 help

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bm612
New User

ss2000 help

Post by bm612 »

I have a ss2k that was working fine up untill yesterday. The control head lights up and then the aux A button(button #4) starts to flash. I try the slide switch and it lights up but emergency lights do not come on. I have tested alll the fuses and they are good. There is one relay that gets quite hot it is located on the side of the relay board near the main battery lead connects. Any help would be gratly appreciated.
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Re: ss2000 help

Post by EVModules »

The relay on the side getting "hot" is normal. It's the coil that gets hot to the touch which is to be expected.

If you've checked all connections including ground, verified voltage, and used original hardware and all checks out ok, you'd need to send it in to a qualified repair shop to ahve them look at it.

Sean
Sean Barr
EVConcepts
bm612
New User

Re: ss2000 help

Post by bm612 »

Found out the probelme the ribbon chord connecting the top board to the bottome board was corroded. I cleaned the contacts and now it's good as new

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”