Nissan Xterra 2006 w/Gamber Johnson laptop mount

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Nissan Xterra 2006 w/Gamber Johnson laptop mount

Post by videonerd »

Has anyone done an computer mount install on a 2006 Nissan Xterra without a console? I'm looking at the DS-53 (http://concept.gamberjohnson.com/catalo ... rsal/DS-53) vertical mount with a second metal back plate on the other side of the plastic transmission cover for reinforcement... but I'm skeptical that the plastic can hold so much weight. Gamber doesn't make a base for the Xterra unfortunately. And I need something that would still allow a passenger.

What I have currently is:
NP-PANDOCK docking station
DS-CLEVIS motion attachment
DS-UPPER-5
DS-LOWER-9
DS-120 Chevy S-10 vehicle base
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: Nissan Xterra 2006 w/Gamber Johnson laptop mount

Post by Motoboy »

I would be very wary of mounting something as heavy as a computer and docking station on a trim panel in any vehicle. I would instead use a universal mount, and either lag or bolt it to the floor. You are going to end up drilling holes either way, so why not drill into something you KNOW will hold the weight?
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
medicnurse
What radios do you own?: XTL5000;XTL2500,XTS5000,

Post by medicnurse »

Look at Ram Mount I use in my 2005 tundra to hold radios it was designed as a laptop mount
adrianglock
New User

Post by adrianglock »

I used to play with my laptop on the other seat! I've seen police vehicles with this kind of mounting hopefully it will also be available to regular vehicles so you can use them (not) while driving but when you need to check some via google. With today's technology there are service providers that install wi-fi connection to vehicles.
"Drive Greener - Driver Cleaner"
Ford Truck Antennas

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”