Unitrol Omega 90 Digital Siren/PA Documentation

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

escomm
Queue Moderator

Unitrol Omega 90 Digital Siren/PA Documentation

Post by escomm »

Anyone have the input connector pinout for the Omega 90 Siren/PA box? Or the schematic of the Unitrol CA90 cable that goes between the controller and the siren box? FedSig's website has some good install info and the schematics for the controller itself, but I can't find anything on the box or the cable that goes between the two.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Unitrol Omega 90 Digital Siren/PA Documentation

Post by escomm »

Bueller? Bueller?

FedSig says they have it, but they won't give it to me since I am not a dealer, and my colleague that is a dealer has been running into nothing but roadblocks. I thought their customer support was pretty good but they are not doing a good job on this one :(
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I wish i had seen this post last night. I think I have a manual at the shop. I wont be back there til the monday after easter. If you dont find it by then I will double check and scan a the schematic
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I would not mind having it on file for future reference if it is not too much trouble for you, we ended up scrounging up a Unitrol Touchmaster (lol) so I've got the Omega amp on the shelf now and might end up using it later on 8)
uman18
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, XTL5000 UHF/VHF

Post by uman18 »

Its been a while since your post but here is the pinout.

1-CHC
2-Kill
3-A/H
4-Man
5-Audio
6-Audio
7-Mic
8-Shield
9-Vol
10-Bias(...?)
11-SWP
12-Wail
13-Yelp
14-PTT

i also have a 10ft cable if you need one later.
High_order1

Post by High_order1 »

Sorry.

Wished I had saw this earlier. I did a LOT of research trying to build one up for a project where the end result was to run two sirens in parallel.

What I never could find was a digikey or mouser p/n for the plugs to fit the jacks. I had them narrowed down, but never found one that would work well enough, and just couldn't bring myself to solder to the pins...

Shawn

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”