Anyone use Code 3 LED Hide-A-Blast

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mike38015
Batboard $upporter

Anyone use Code 3 LED Hide-A-Blast

Post by mike38015 »

Looking for information, I have a new truck and not sure if I should switch to LED's or stay with strobes.

http://www.swps.com/hide-a-blast.html

Are they bright?

How do they compare to strobes?
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Re: Anyone use Code 3 LED Hide-A-Blast

Post by WV8VFD »

We have them in the front turn signals on a 07 Dodge 3500 brush truck. At night they are super bright, during the day, Id say theyre about average with strobes. I can stop by the station and get a video of them if you'd like. If you have strobes, unless the money is burning a hole in your pocket, Id personally just stay with strobes.
Tyler Lewis
mike38015
Batboard $upporter

Post by mike38015 »

Thanks for the information, I think I will stay with the strobes.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I install them all the time. They are 10x better than strobe. It has alot to do with the location of the mounting and the size of the housing. Very few cars and trucks that I have changed over still use strobe unless for to save $. 90%+ of my departments have gone away from strobe because of the brighter light and colors. Anything other than clear strobe really suck.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

I've pushed every conversion / upgrade i've done to get LED over the strobe...and every person I've done it for has been blown away. I've harped on it before, lower current draw, more controllability, thinner (more flexible) wire requirements, less heat output, longer on-time, less "dazzling/stunning", cleaner color, smaller footprint, no PITA power pack, less jumpstarting...
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”