2011 Charger tail flasher question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mike445

2011 Charger tail flasher question

Post by mike445 »

I purchased the LSH Lights 11.1005.CHST tail light flasher made by ABLE 1. There are NO instructions besides what is printed on the flasher itself:
PURPLE: TAIL LIGHT INPUT
GREEN: BRAKE INPUT
WHITE: STROBE FLASH PATTERN
WH/BROWN: STROBE FLASH INPUT
BLACK: GROUND
YELLOW: RIGHT OUTPUT TO LED
BLUE: LEFT OUTPUT TO LED
RED: +12V

My question is...for the brake input and tail light input...HOW do I hook it up?? Just tap into the tail light wire with the purple and tap into the brake light with the green? Shouldn't there be an input AND an output? I have everything but those 2 wires hooked up. I have 2 LED's on my rear deck (yellow and blue wires hooked to them). I'm just not sure what to do with the tail and brake lights. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also looking for a wiring diagram for the tail lights. Can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks!
Mike
ka8ypy

Re: 2011 Charger tail flasher question

Post by ka8ypy »

Police charger or civilian charger?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Civillian and police units wiring will be the same in the rear. While I have never used that flasher, I will say this, if you do not understand how to hook it up, and have no instructions for it, you should let someone with experience do the job.

That said, I would not tie anything into the brakes lights on any car. If the car is an 11', they are all LED, and will require a special flasher for operation. Also, if it's an 11', I would only tie into the center assembly and isolate it with a relay. This has been discussed in detail on E-lightbars.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by ResponderPSE »

I don't know about the showme flasher, we only sell Sound-Off brand flashers. With the SoundOff unit, with the help of one of our customers, we came up with an installation solution that really works well: 2011 Charger Taillight Flasher Demo. If you can't get the showme unit working, we'd be happy to help you with a Sound-Off flasher and installation.

Michael

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”