Unication Alpha Pager passwords

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

asystole
New User

Unication Alpha Pager passwords

Post by asystole »

Hello. I was researching on how to bypass/crack a password that has been put on my personal pager. There was a thread on this forum awhile ago addressing it, but it has since gone dead. I would like to bring that topic back up. Long story short, my fire department uses alpha pagers for 911 dispatching. We own a number of pagers that are locked with passwords. We purchased new ones, in which I have full access to. However, I need the CAP codes from the old pagers to program the new ones. The guy/company that does the telecommunications for the area will not give them to me, or anyone else for that matter. He will not unlock our pagers. He will charge $25 per pin in EACH pager (we use 3) and a flat rate of $50 per pager just to program it.. and then he will password the pager, even if we did not even buy it from him.

So, my problem is.. I cannot find a way to get by the password. You are only allowed 8 attempts with the password before it completely locks the pager. Some information says that if I use a hex editor and read the code plug, I may be able to find it in there. I am not able to find and temp files or anything else related to the pagers except the programming software itself.

I understand pagers are old and outdated but I do not have much of a choice and could really use some help please.

Thanks!
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Unication Alpha Pager passwords

Post by Wowbagger »

Can't you just put a decoder on the RF signal, page the pager, and capture the capcode over the air?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Are these pagers on a private system that charges per pager? If so, I wouldn't expect them to give you the info. Standard practice.
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

Off topic. Sorry

Could you point me to the Unication and Motorola advisor topic page to read and post questions?

Thank you
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

eagle844 wrote:Off topic. Sorry

Could you point me to the Unication and Motorola advisor topic page to read and post questions?

Thank you
We don't have model specific forums, but you can post pager related questions in the "Motorola Digital and Voice Paging" forum.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”