MW 800 RAM

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dpdit
New User

MW 800 RAM

Post by dpdit »

Has anyone changed/added RAM to an MW800? I opened the box and cannot locate it. Having a continuous reboot problem. Ran CHKDSK, FIXMBR. Gets stuck at MUP.SYS. Think maybe the RAM, but can't find it. I know it sounds odd but ????
Thanks dpdit
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW 800 RAM

Post by Pj »

The ram is located vertically along the CPU card (the fan side). You pretty much have to disassemble the cpu to get to it - to release the clips on the ram. However, as long as you take your time taking off the wire connectors, its actually really easy to remove the motherboard. Just take your time and watch to see where other componets are connected to.

PC2100 laptop memory. I've only tested it to 1GB and 1GB is its published limit. One slot only.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”