XTL 2500 audio out during TX

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc8kek
New User
What radios do you own?: ACU1k,, XTL2.5k, APX6/7.5k

XTL 2500 audio out during TX

Post by kc8kek »

Does anyone have any suggestions for taking audio from an XTL 2500 during transmit? The radio is operating in an alarm office, and I am taking RX audio from the accessory jack and running it to the station-wide PA system, but others in the station can't hear traffic from the watchman at the radio. Our legacy system used a considerably different setup with remote stations, as opposed to having transceivers sitting at watch desks.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
Jim202

Re: XTL 2500 audio out during TX

Post by Jim202 »

kc8kek wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for taking audio from an XTL 2500 during transmit? The radio is operating in an alarm office, and I am taking RX audio from the accessory jack and running it to the station-wide PA system, but others in the station can't hear traffic from the watchman at the radio. Our legacy system used a considerably different setup with remote stations, as opposed to having transceivers sitting at watch desks.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Let me ask how the radio is used currently. Is this a radio that uses only the local mic, or is it remotely controlled via tone remote control, DC control, or with extended control? Are you using simplex operation or a repeater?

If your only using the local mic, your best bet is to use a pager or dedicated receiver to monitor the transmissions.
kc8kek
New User

Post by kc8kek »

The radios are using local desk mics, and are on a staewide 800 P25 trunked Motorola SmartZone system. I was hoping there might be a way to grab the TX audio, somehow, but if not then a dedicated receiver may be the way to go. Since we have to pay a subscriber fee per radio, I want to avoid doubling the amount of base radios we have simply to hear both sides of the audio. I may just end up using our network to run an ROIP system like PCNXU if the option at the radio doesn't work out.

Thanks
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

There is a cable from Motorola that does what you want, HKN6187. Works on the XTL5k not certain about the 2k5. See:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 7a#p405433

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/US-EN/ ... ng/HKN6187
kc8kek
New User

Post by kc8kek »

Thank you, that is exactly what I was hoping to find.

Return to “Radio Programming”