New For Sale Guidelines - Effective 4/15/2012

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alex
Administrator

New For Sale Guidelines - Effective 4/15/2012

Post by alex »

After some discussion with the team, with input from you the membership we have updated our rules regarding new posts in the For Sale/Wanted/Trade Fourm:

1) Every post must have the proper subject line that clearly states what items are up for grabs:

WTT: Want to Trade
WTS: Want to Sell
WTB: Want to Buy
FS: For Sale
FA: For Auction

Example:

FS: 10 Maxtrac Mobile Radios, 20 HT1000's
WTS: 3 XTS5000/XTL5000 Radios

2) You must list a price and quantity for each item you have for sale.

3) You must post an image of every item you are selling over $100 with some sort of identifying marking with your username and the date on it.
- Photos of every item regardless of price are highly encouraged.
- This can be written out on a piece of paper next to the picture, nothing fancy.
- You can not list items you do not have in your physical possession (e.g. I'm selling this for friend X is not allowed).
- Photos at this time can not be hosted through BatBoard. You can use an image host such as imgur (http://www.imgur.com)
- Photos must be posted at the time of the initial posting. No posting of photos after the fact. Posts which do not have proper photos will be deleted.

4) You may only post FA (For Auction) listings on here if they are *YOUR* auction.

5) You must combine your items for sale in to one posting.
- Do not create separate threads for each item you have for sale
- Posts may be deleted without warning if you are considered to be spamming the forum
"Spamming" is defined as creating 2 or more new topics per day with items for sale.

6) Data Retention Policy and other info:
- Automatically after 90 days if your posting does not receive any replies it will be automatically removed.
- If a user replies to your posting the 90 day clock starts from that day on.

7) What to do if you have a problem with a deal:
- You should complete all deals within 30 calendar days from their start
- Keep copy's of all shipment information
- Ship via traceable means (e.g. pay for delivery confirmation/signature confirmation and insurance)
- Have the person's email address, telephone number, and alternate means to contact
- Do not send cash
- Save copies of all communication in paper and electronic form
- The Admin, Moderators, or other members of this forum are not responsible for issues/problems arising from deals.
- You are responsive for taking all necessary precautions before dealing with an individual on the internet.
- The most the team can do here is A) ban the person for selling on the forum and/or B) banning them from the forum
- In most cases both members will have their FSWT privileges suspended until the issue is resolved
- Nothing can really stop the person from registering again under another name and starting the same racket short of members looking out for each other.

8) Always check the feedback forum and do Google searches for the persons name, email address, or other identifying information to validate information provided.

=========================================================================
Older FAQ Topics:
=========================================================================
FAQ: What is the accepted practice for posting in FSWT?
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69457

FAQ: Why can't I edit or post in For Sale/Wanted/Trade?
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69456

FAQ: Why can't I view the Equipment For Sale/Wanted area?
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69473
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
alex
Administrator

Re: New For Sale Guidelines - Effective 4/15/2012

Post by alex »

Reminder to all that the new rules start today.

Alex
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Quick change/clarification:

Photos are only required for items for sale that are greater than $100 each. Photos are highly encouraged for all items regardless of price.

Thank you and sorry for any confusion.

Alex
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

Does this (hopefully) mean such things as "Checking interest" won't be permitted any longer?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Spiffy50 wrote:Does this (hopefully) mean such things as "Checking interest" won't be permitted any longer?
I did not directly say that above - but it should be implied by the you must put a price on it rule.

Alex
W1HVN
What radios do you own?: MX300 w/DVP

Post by W1HVN »

Thank you for the new policies. Raises the bar just a bit more for the community.
icom98
What radios do you own?: Just About Everything

Post by icom98 »

Alex,

Can you post a sticky on how to post pictures with a listing?
If this info is available somewhere on the site, please let me know where to find it.

Thanks,
Larry
Someday We'll Look Back On This And It Will All Seem Funny.
From Rosilitia, Sung By Bruce Springsteen, CIRCA 1973
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

What I usually do to upload a picture is:

1. Have the picture you want saved somewhere on your computer. Let's say you saved it in "Pictures".
2. Go to www.imageshack.us ( or any free image hosting site ), and click on "browse".
3. The next step will be to search for your picture on your computer. So, just hit "browse" and go under "pictures", select the picture you want, and for picture size make sure you it "for message boards" (640X480).
4. Upload the image, and copy / paste the URL for the image once it's downloaded.

Hope that helped !
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

alex wrote:Quick change/clarification:

Photos are only required for items for sale that are greater than $100 each. Photos are highly encouraged for all items regardless of price.

Thank you and sorry for any confusion.

Alex
To clarify (I figured this was assumed but you know what happens when you assume) any post you make that has an item in it must have a photo if the item is over $100 ** IN THE SAME POST **. There is no "I'll do it when I get home from work" or "I'll have my brother sisters boyfriend's cousin post them later" type things that I have gotten reports of going on here.

No photo, one item over $100 in the post - we are just going to delete the posts. No warning PM's like we have been giving. I will adjust the language above as well.

Thank you,

Alex
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

A question about pictures, and how it can be gamed:
BadActor posts picture of pristine and beautiful radio to $hostingsite.
BadActor posts for sale item.
Buyer buys item based on picture.
Later, BadActor updates image on $hostingsite to beat-to-hell pile of ....
Buyer complains "this looks nothing like picture".
BadActor says "Yes it does...."

Would it make more sense to require picture to be hosted somewhere a bit more controlled - or to at least have some way to verify the picture hasn't been changed (e.g. have a hash of the file computed)?

Person
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Wowbagger wrote:A question about pictures, and how it can be gamed:
BadActor posts picture of pristine and beautiful radio to $hostingsite.
BadActor posts for sale item.
Buyer buys item based on picture.
Later, BadActor updates image on $hostingsite to beat-to-hell pile of ....
Buyer complains "this looks nothing like picture".
BadActor says "Yes it does...."

Would it make more sense to require picture to be hosted somewhere a bit more controlled - or to at least have some way to verify the picture hasn't been changed (e.g. have a hash of the file computed)?

Person

WOW, are things really getting that bad? I can remember the days of message boards, radio.rec comes to mind,no pictures, everyone was honest and trustworthy, what the hell has happened?
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by radrat »

Hello, Newb here.
What is the timeframe for newbs to view/post items in the FSWT section?
ttek
New User

Post by ttek »

Great info...

Return to “Radio Programming”