XTL5k - 05 Head - Invalid firmware?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

XTSXTL
New User

XTL5k - 05 Head - Invalid firmware?

Post by XTSXTL »

Hello all

I have a XTL5k with a remote 05 head configuration. I tried upgrading the firmware to 20.01.00 via control head gcai to usb when CPS had a error. This same frmware file worked on my other XTL in a dash mount configuration however now my control head is stuck in "Flashzap downloader, Invalid firmware" mode. I have tried usb to rear on the XTL itself as well as serial to GCAI on the control head in a attempt to reflash but no dice... Any suggestions? (20.01.00 by the way) I read I may have to resync the control head but I am absolutely clueless on that as in my years of installing & programming Astro 25 had this issue.

Thanks all!
Jim202

Re: XTL5k - 05 Head - Invalid firmware?

Post by Jim202 »

XTSXTL wrote:Hello all

I have a XTL5k with a remote 05 head configuration. I tried upgrading the firmware to 20.01.00 via control head gcai to usb when CPS had a error. This same frmware file worked on my other XTL in a dash mount configuration however now my control head is stuck in "Flashzap downloader, Invalid firmware" mode. I have tried usb to rear on the XTL itself as well as serial to GCAI on the control head in a attempt to reflash but no dice... Any suggestions? (20.01.00 by the way) I read I may have to resync the control head but I am absolutely clueless on that as in my years of installing & programming Astro 25 had this issue.

Thanks all!

If you go to the MOL site, there is a file you can download giving instructions on how to do a sync of the head and radio. It is in the mobile section with the software downloads for that series radios along with the CPS. You will need a subscription on that family of radios to be able to get to these files.

Jim
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: XTL5k - 05 Head - Invalid firmware?

Post by jmr061 »

Have you swapped control heads to see if the problem is with the head or the drawer unit?

Jason

Return to “Radio Programming”