MTX9250 scanlists

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n0xmz
New User
What radios do you own?: Spectra 900 x2, MTX9250

MTX9250 scanlists

Post by n0xmz »

I recently acquired an MTX9250. I created 38 personalities to accomodate the 900 MHz repeaters in TX, OK, KS, and MO. Some of these machines use the same pair/PL. I created 3 zones: NTX (north Texas), STX (south Texas), and CEN (everywhere else) and went about naming my channels in their respective zones. I then created 3 scan lists, identical to the zones. However, when I press the programmed scan button, I get the error tone instead of the expected scan icon.

Whilst programming the personalties, I see there is a scan list drop-down menu and I set each to none, thinking that is controlled by the scan list menu. The internal help within CPS says that the scan lists are defined in the scan list menu as opposed to the personality menu (then why the drop-down box there?). If I do need to set it here, then what's the point in creating a scan list if a channel is assigned to one by the personality? Most imporantly though, am I not able to assign one personality to muliple zones like I can with the Spectra? I suppose I can always create duplicate personalities to accomodate multiple scan lists but this seems awfully wasteful of space as there are only 49 personalities available in this radio.
n0xmz
New User
What radios do you own?: Spectra 900 x2, MTX9250

Re: MTX9250 scanlists

Post by n0xmz »

As a follow up, I went ahead and programmed duplicate personalities for those repeaters that I wanted labelled in the zones I wanted and then assigned every personality to a scan list and it works as expected. I'm still puzzled as to why we have scan lists if they are defined in the personalities and why Motorola would make this less flexible than they did with the Spectras. Oh well, it's their design so I make do with what I have.

Return to “Radio Programming”