Astro 25 Software on XP

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Madtownmedic
New User

Astro 25 Software on XP

Post by Madtownmedic »

I'm trying to program my xts2500, i use an xp pro toughbook. I can get up to R11 software installed on it, but nothing newer. I can get it to work on a vista machine but i would just like to keep all of my software in one place. The software i'm trying to install is R19.01. Any thoughts?
Machine Specs
XP Pro SP3
1.10GHz
592MHz
0.99 GB Ram
tuckerm

Re: Astro 25 Software on XP

Post by tuckerm »

What's the error it's giving you?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Madtownmedic
New User

Post by Madtownmedic »

it gets to the point where you click "next" to install software and then it freezes. I've let it sit on that screen for a while and nothing happens. I have installed it on a vista computer and it works fine. I just want to keep all my cps in one spot
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Windows up to date? .Net Framework installed and up to date? Are you having trouble installing any other programs?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Madtownmedic
New User

Post by Madtownmedic »

not sure about .net but windows is. I haven't had any other problems.
Madtownmedic
New User

Post by Madtownmedic »

Just updated .net and that fixed it!
Thanks!!!!

Return to “Radio Programming”