Qucik Call Decode question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Qucik Call Decode question

Post by BigTex1136 »

Is there a way to get a XTL5000 or CDM1250 to decode multiple quick call tones on one channel much like the Minitor Pagers? I know I can make different channels with different QC tone but not a channel with multiple tones. Thanks Guys
GOT MODAT?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Qucik Call Decode question

Post by SteveC0625 »

BigTex1136 wrote:Is there a way to get a XTL5000 or CDM1250 to decode multiple quick call tones on one channel much like the Minitor Pagers? I know I can make different channels with different QC tone but not a channel with multiple tones. Thanks Guys
In the CDM1250 & 1550, there is a dropdown in the Signalling --> Quik-Call II System --> Basic Tab that give you a bunch of different call formats to choose from. About the best you can do there is A-B/C-D, or A-B/A-D/C-D for multiple tone sets. There are some other combinations, too. It's probably not as much as you might need but it is something.

Can't speak to the XTL's.
tztop10
What radios do you own?: HT1250 EX600XLS CDM1250 CP200

Re: Qucik Call Decode question

Post by tztop10 »

You would do that through adding a signaling system, keep in mind you need to have the proper tone frequency and as far as I know you can only use 1 system per personality, you also have to keep in mind that you can only have 4 decoding systems per radio, if you want you can create a different personality for each QC-II system

Return to “Radio Programming”