XTS3K Limited to 50 personalities

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Hey Nurse
was hovburglar
What radios do you own?: The ones with smoke inside

XTS3K Limited to 50 personalities

Post by Hey Nurse »

Hey all, I have an xts3000 mod 2 in front of me, model H09UCF9PW7BN and flash 000008-002000-8 with sys package H38 in it; The DSP and Firmware versions display "Unknown" in CPS.
Information in the "Radio Wide" section of CPS stats that the max number of channels (talkgroups) is 255.

When attempting to program trunking personalities, the radio tops out at 50.

Why is that?
You want me to do WHAT with your radio?
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar

Re: XTS3K Limited to 50 personalities

Post by Hey Nurse »

Ok, I might be dumb.

Correct me if I am wrong (I usually work with conventional stuff) but this is a feature/setting that must be change via a flash or firmware upgrade......right?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Why would you need so many to begin with? 50 sounds like a fair limit. Personalities and zone/mode capability are two different things.
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar

Post by Hey Nurse »

I dont plan on using ALL 255 personalities and I dont plan on having all 16 slots in each zone filled either. 60 (ish) personalities assigned over 5 or so zones would be nice, especially if the radio is capable of 255.

50 does sound fair, but if CPS is saying that the radio is capable of more, that creates a little confusion. I don't like being confused. With regard why I need: Interoperability for a user who travels to/through multiple areas on a statewide system. I'm aware there's a difference between personalities and the limits of what can be assigned to a zone; thanks though. 8)

So.....back to the original question: Why is the radio or software being stingy and holding 205 personalities hostage? Memory problem? User error? ID10T problem? Flash update needed?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

What background do you have in programming trunking systems?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

The reason I ask that is because I can put an 80 site smartzone system in with 1 trunking personality. Then I have each the TG's I want in the zone/modes that I want. I am trying to figure out why you need 50+ trunking personalities.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I noticed your location is Utah. Your programming the UCAN system? How many talkgroups are you putting in?
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar

Post by Hey Nurse »

Check your PMs.
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar

Post by Hey Nurse »

KB9KST wrote:The reason I ask that is because I can put an 80 site smartzone system in with 1 trunking personality. Then I have each the TG's I want in the zone/modes that I want. I am trying to figure out why you need 50+ trunking personalities.

F*%k, Im a n00b. I think I figured out how to do it as you were getting at. Thanks!

Return to “Radio Programming”