XTS 5000 Vhf programming issue cps R20

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N5OSU
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS 5000, VS 2200 Icom f3160

XTS 5000 Vhf programming issue cps R20

Post by N5OSU »

Hey guys I desperately need some help on this one. I just bought a an XTS 5000 model III fpp flashed. I'm having problems programming a code plug with scan features. I have tried to edit in personality but I can't the cps won't let me do much. I have my scan list built and ready to go, I have the zones and channels programmed. This is conventional. I don't know if I need to drop a new code plug or what, I'm pretty frustrated right now. I can't even program the buttons or the concentric. If this has been brought up before, I apologize.
KX5MOT
was JonboyOK
What radios do you own?: Motorola Talkabout 250

Re: XTS 5000 Vhf programming issue cps R20

Post by KX5MOT »

Can you be more specific as to how the CPS "won't let you do much?" What is the firmware version of the radio?
"Archers."
"I beg pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own troops?"
"Yes....but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves....attack"
N5OSU
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS 5000, VS 2200 Icom f3160

Post by N5OSU »

The firmware version is R20.00.10. And as far as the software not letting me do much I mean it won't let me program buttons or switches, I also can't setup the conventional personalities or set my channels and zones to scan.
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

Can you post your codeplug?
-John

Return to “Radio Programming”