Moto xpor 4550 issue in programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w6krp
New User

Moto xpor 4550 issue in programming

Post by w6krp »

i have a moto 4550, it has a code plug that was loaded with all the info in it, i want to re-arrange the zone liust to better suit my uses.
i have read the radio
i have opened the channel list
i have dragged and dropped the zones into the numbered sequence that i want them in
i have wrote it to the radio
it states the write was successful
the radio power cycles
and then no changes were made
i go back a read the radio and all of the changes i made come up in that re read
but the radio has not made the chnages
any one have a clue ?

thanks
35-K9-1
What radios do you own?: XG-100F, VP900, VP600, APX7K

Re: Moto xpor 4550 issue in programming

Post by 35-K9-1 »

If it's anything like my XPR2500, the zones are automatically organized alphabetically. I have not found a way around this yet. Maybe you can number your zones in the order you want them?? I have just learned to live with it.
oldradionut

Re: Moto xpor 4550 issue in programming

Post by oldradionut »

Number ahead of zone name will cause the radio to stack them in numerical order. Not sure what happens when you go over 9 zones. I know this works on a 6550, should be ok on a 4550. Both are Gen 1 radios.

Return to “Radio Programming”