GR400, R1225, RKR1225 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k9nzf
New User

GR400, R1225, RKR1225 Programming

Post by k9nzf »

Can anybody tell me what this is? Is it a GR400 or something else? I thought GR400s were GM300s or Maxtracs? I think there was a retrofit kit of some sort that turned a GR400 into an RKR1225 or R1225. The head says R1225. What the heck do I need to program it? GM300 RSS and 1225 CPS won't do it.

Thanks,

Jordan

wavetar
Administrator

Re: GR400, R1225, RKR1225 Programming

Post by wavetar »

It appears to be an R1225 in a GR400 housing, which is not unheard of. What OS and version of 1225 software are you using? If higher than Win9x, then you require version 4.0...3.x will run, but will not be able to read/write the radio.

Beyond that, some people disconnected the data lead going to the transceiver, to disable easy read/write by competitors in shared sites.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
k9nzf
New User

Post by k9nzf »

Thank you. Yes, this is not the first GR400 chassis that I have seen with that radio in it, but I never had a reason to research it until I ended up with this one. I was attempting to read with 3.X CPS so that could be the problem. I will try with 4.0 CPS and go from there. I think the data line is probably intact because the "TX" light was on when I was attempting to read the radio.

Thanks again for the info,

Jordan
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

k9nzf wrote:Thank you. Yes, this is not the first GR400 chassis that I have seen with that radio in it, but I never had a reason to research it until I ended up with this one. I was attempting to read with 3.X CPS so that could be the problem. I will try with 4.0 CPS and go from there. I think the data line is probably intact because the "TX" light was on when I was attempting to read the radio.

Thanks again for the info,

Jordan
Yes, 4.0 was specifically released for NT/XP and later OSes, so you should be good to go with that. Let us know how it went!

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”