HT750 toggle monitor mode???

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

HT750 toggle monitor mode???

Post by mogman »

I am trying to program a HT750, latest firmware. I can program one of the side buttons for monitor and it works as long as the button is held in, is there any way to program the radio so it can be put in "monitor mode" as is being able to turn on and of monitor without having to hold the button in?
Thanks
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: HT750 toggle monitor mode???

Post by SteveC0625 »

mogman wrote:I am trying to program a HT750, latest firmware. I can program one of the side buttons for monitor and it works as long as the button is held in, is there any way to program the radio so it can be put in "monitor mode" as is being able to turn on and of monitor without having to hold the button in?
Thanks
From the Help file of the Pro Series CPS:

Sticky Permanent Monitor Mode

Sticky Permanent Monitor Mode occurs when holding the short-press Monitor Button for a Long Press duration. Once the long-press occurs, the radio remains in Monitor Mode until the Monitor Button is short pressed. Initiating Emergency Mode, Phone Mode, Scan Mode, or a Radio Call will also cancel Sticky Permanent Monitor mode. This feature only applies for channels capable of Conventional Dispatch.

If you were to utilize this feature, I think you'd want to go to Radio Configuration --> Monitor tab --> and change the Monitor Type to be Silent. Otherwise, you'd have constant open squelch.
mogman

Post by mogman »

Thanks, not sure why I did not see the "sticky monitor mode" now I need to figure out why I can't be in the monitor mode and scan at the same time, maybe because they both use the LED? anyway had to shut "playtime" down and get dinner and ready to go to work tomorrow.
mogman

Post by mogman »

Well at least I can get it to scan without PL by disabling "PL scan" but of course when taken out of scan it lands on PL receive so the operator will need to remember to put it into sticky permanent monitor if needed.

Return to “Radio Programming”