Is there a simple way to convert a Motorola ribless cable for use on a Vertex vx-3000?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jhutch62
New User

Is there a simple way to convert a Motorola ribless cable for use on a Vertex vx-3000?

Post by jhutch62 »

Hello,
I know this topic has been the subject of numerous posts but after reading dozens of articles I'm still looking for answers as to whether or not it is possible to make a simple adapter to go between my ribless programming cable and the RJ45 socket on the Vertex VX-3000 without making smoke. At first I thought it would be just a simple matter of just switching some wires around on the RJ45/8P8C connector and maybe it is... but after looking at the pinouts on both the GM300 and the VX-3000, I find myself having more questions than answers. Here's a link to a photo of my ribless, along with pinout information on both Motorola and Vertex radios. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gwsy ... sp=sharing Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Jack

Return to “Radio Programming”